• Live DVD problems

Please patient with me, I am a newbie!

Steps taken:

Download the 32bit version - checksum okat.
    Created a Live DVD with burn speed 1x and verification of the result - all ok

Started live DVD on Thinkpad x40
    It took me about 5 attempts until the system really booted
    Report failures:

• Failed to start: Login Service, Modem Manager, Network Manager Light Display, Live Media Config. Script
      Had to power off the PC to interrupt repeating loops.

Finally - unattended start up - the screen show the selection of Try It and clicked it.

So far a nice impression.

Issues:
    1 - Could not connect to our wifi network.
    Network is to be seen in the list but could not be selected. Attempts with Tab button did not result in a selection of the network
    2 - Clicking the clipboard logo - top right
    2.1 - Could not select the left bottom icon - looks to me like "preferences"
    2.2 - Could not switch off the machine with the right bottom icon - need to power off by pressing the power button for about 10 sec

What did i do wrong that above mentioned problems occurred?

Thanks in advance for your help

• Please patient with me, I am a newbie!

Steps taken:

Download the 32bit version - checksum okat.
    Created a Live DVD with burn speed 1x and verification of the result - all ok

Started live DVD on Thinkpad x40
    It took me about 5 attempts until the system really booted
    Report failures:

• Failed to start: Login Service, Modem Manager, Network Manager Light Display, Live Media Config. Script
      Had to power off the PC to interrupt repeating loops.

Finally - unattended start up - the screen show the selection of Try It and clicked it.

So far a nice impression.

Issues:
    1 - Could not connect to our wifi network.
    Network is to be seen in the list but could not be selected. Attempts with Tab button did not result in a selection of the network
    2 - Clicking the clipboard logo - top right
    2.1 - Could not select the left bottom icon - looks to me like "preferences"
    2.2 - Could not switch off the machine with the right bottom icon - need to power off by pressing the power button for about 10 sec

What did i do wrong that above mentioned problems occurred?

Thanks in advance for your help

• I had the wireless issue also. I open the network settings and put my password in there.

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• Thanks for the hint. I will try it in the next days. I hope it works when I run a live DVD.

• I finally circumvent the problem by installing VitualBox and installed antergos as a virtual machine. Doing so I did not need a live DVD but could let the virtual box access directly the iso-file.

Here I see still network connection problems. Depending on the weather the antergos connects to the internet or not. In the not-case sometime I can just interrupt the connection attempt and start the internet connection again. If this doesn’t work, I need to shut down the virtual antergos machine and restart it. Success chance is 50%.

Note, the virtual box shows a connection to the internet via cable, which is in line with the set-up.

• @“maxpro4u”:1v9bvvni said:

I had the wireless issue also. I open the network settings and put my password in there.[/quote:1v9bvvni]
    same problem

• Thanks for the answer.

I found the problem is caused by the AVIRA firewall. Switching the firewall of enabled internet access.
    It seems that the AVIRA firewall is creating sometime problems also in other cases.

• If antergos in virtual box cannot connect or is unstable, means you have a hardware problem.
    To solve the live DVD problem, better not to use graphical install

• Thanks for your hint about possible HW problems. So far the virtual box runs fine. With the AVIRA switched of installation of AGos using the graphical installer is easy and runs with no problems. I see a smaller problem, which I will post separately.

Edit (about 2 weeks later)
    I run into bigger problems with IBus, see [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054 and no solution yet.

[0]: <a href=

Posts 9Views 1934