• Discord?

Heya. Just switched from “Linux Mint” and now I wanted to try out arch before officially installing Arch so im using Antergos :). Was curious if anyone else had this problem/could help me. I’ve installed every program on my PC completely fine. But when it comes to a program known as “Discord” which is a Gaming Voice-Chat/Text-Chat software I cant seem to figure out exactly how to install it. As I said im brand new to arch use to very easy installs like on Ubuntu based systems… But it seems like Arch is the only OS Discord is hard to install on… I don’t know maybe its just me… Regardless I would appreciate any responses trying to help me out here. Do keep in mind im a noob though so you might have to install it step by step… I might not understand 100% everything you say. Thanks :)

• @Shade1488 said in Discord?:

Discord

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/7974/installing-discord

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• If you do not want to huzzle with AUR build package feel free to take my package:
    http://kamprad.net/Downloads/antergos-packages/

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @Shade1488 said in Discord?:

From Antergos forum:

Heya. Just switched from “Linux Mint” and now I wanted to try out arch before officially installing Arch so im using Antergos :). Was curious if anyone else…

From Manjaro forum::

Heya. Just switched from “Linux Mint” and now I wanted to try out Arch before officially installing Arch so im using Manjaro :). Was curious if anyone else…

So what do you use, in the end, Antergos or Manjaro?

Or you simply cross-posting, like @es20490446e does (Antergos profile, Manjaro profile), while he tries to collect opinions about Gnome for his page?

@es20490446e said in What GNOME needs to be good 😇:

From Antergos forum:

What do you think GNOME needs, and lacks right now, to be a good desktop?

I will use these suggestion to persuade GNOME of adopting them, as I think I have found a common ground to do so…

From Manjaro forum::

What do you think GNOME needs, and lacks right now, to be a good desktop?

I will use these suggestion to persuade GNOME of adopting them, as I think I have found a common ground to do so…

Cross-posting is considered as a bad practice, in all forums. Please, avoid doing so in the future.

• oha! now i know why i feel a bit copypasted about the question:fishing_pole_and_fish:

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @just said in Discord?:

cross-posting

@just HUNTER====>SNIPER :gun:
    :)

Autodidacta en la VIDA …y en Linux, también.

• @just said in Discord?:

So what do you use, in the end, Antergos or Manjaro?

It’s like when your date disappears: she’s testing the waters :P

If the forum layer was good enough, and GNOME was more reliable and inclusive as a project I would be using Antergos.

I prefer simple desktops, and nice people ;)

@just said in Discord?:

he tries to collect opinions about Gnome for his page?

For my page? Nooo! I simply think that both sites will be interested.

discord3 Posts 7Views 185