• Gnome problem

Hello,

After the latest updates including gnome 3.26 when I close a window of a running application, the screen goes blank and it reloads every window. If I open the same application for example freefilesync and close it again and drops me at the login prompt of gnome. Then I have to try a few times to be able to login again and of course every application has been terminated. The system is unusable this way because it happens with random maximized windows that I close them by clicking X on the top right corner.

Any ideas what’s happening?

The program ‘gnome-shell’ received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was ‘BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)’.
    (Details: serial 10615 error_code 3 request_code 18 (core protocol) minor_code 0)
    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
    To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
    variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

gnome-session-b

Unrecoverable failure in required component org.gnome.Shell.desktop

lightdm
    pam_systemd(lightdm:session): Failed to create session: Connection timed out

• Hello,

maybe you suffer from a mutter bug. For me, installing the following patched version worked, you can have a try https://github.com/LordPong/mutter-3.26-fixed

• Thanks seems it worked for me too with a couple of apps that crashed every time.

Posts 3Views 551
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.