• HDMI to VGA adapter no display on projector

I have a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 (3137 with Pentium Haswell processor) and have just one small issue. I can’t seem to get the HDMI to VGA adapter to work on an Acer projector at my church. It works perfectly fine with a monitor and TV, but just not the projector. When it is connected, it is detected on my laptop, but nothing shows up on the projector. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this was working perfectly fine when I was using Fedora 20 and Ubuntu 14.04.

• I have a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 (3137 with Pentium Haswell processor) and have just one small issue. I can’t seem to get the HDMI to VGA adapter to work on an Acer projector at my church. It works perfectly fine with a monitor and TV, but just not the projector. When it is connected, it is detected on my laptop, but nothing shows up on the projector. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this was working perfectly fine when I was using Fedora 20 and Ubuntu 14.04.

• Did you try changing the resolution for the projector screen once it is detected? I recommend that you search the web for “Acer xxx projector no display hdmi to vga” (obviously use the proper model number instead of xxx

Cheers!

• Yes, tried that and nothing. It worked fine when I was using Fedora and Ubuntu.

• have you tried searching for archlinux along with the make/model? there may be some kernel module or other drive that’s needed.

• I’ve looked but nothing with my particular make/model. I’ll see if I can find anything on drivers or probably a different kernel. Thanks for your help, lots.0.logs.

• I ended up switching back to using Fedora 20 using gnome 3.12 with COPR and it’s still not displaying on the projector. It was working fine when it was on 3.10. I’m just assuming that it might be 3.12 related to where it won’t display on the projector. Any other external display that isn’t this projector seems to work fine.

For now, i might just revert back to 3.10 just to be able to use this projector. I still am using Antergos on my main desktop though.

Posts 7Views 1401