• Should we have a "SCRIPTS" thread category?

Hi!
    I guess i’m getting adicted to bash scripting :), and was thinking that some of my scripts may be of some use but i see no proper place to post them.
    So i think it would be nice if we have a “SCRIPTS” thread where we could share our scripts to help each other…
    What do you think?

• Sure! That sounds great😀. Do you want to start it off? (It was your idea anyways ;)).

• https://forum.antergos.com/category/38/development
    would not this be the right place to do so?

• @joekamprad said in Should we have a "SCRIPTS" thread category?:

¿no sería éste el lugar adecuado para hacerlo?

Could be … worse is the place of developers, I’d rather be inclined to a Scripts sub-forum, it’s my idea I do not know

https://forum.antergos.com/category/38/development
    would not this be the right place to do so?

i guess developers is not related with “users scripts”…

@Keegan said

Sure! That sounds great😀. Do you want to start it off? (It was your idea anyways ;)).

i want to know your ideas first :)

• I’d like it a lot. A central area for this type of sharing/contribution facilitates greatly the eventual adoption of new material by the distribution’s official code. On the other hand, it provides readers with a bird’s eye view of all sorts of script-like tools and utilities made by the community that can be quickly discussed and even improved over time.

However we do have the Community Contributions forum already. It is perhaps deserving of a better presentation text. Wouldn’t this be a good place to put it?

• I vote yes too! Could be a handy place

• @fernandomaroto right this category is mainly for Antergos specific development but then this one :)
    https://forum.antergos.com/category/18/community-contributions

Community Contributions:
    A place for true innovation. Share your own created utilities with the Antergos community.
    –edit– sametimeposting with @Krugar here ///

• Ok, i’ll post my scripts at “community-contributions” then :)…
    Thanks!

• everyone has some script to give!

• @joekamprad
    I guess we could cret a convention to make easier to find scripts there, maybe simple naming the post as “SCRIPT something”

• [SCRIPT] in the title maybe is a good one or more secure [SCRIPT-23Gz#jjJJooOP654] ;)

No second one is not liked by the forum search!🎱
    may also [ … ] is not good for a markdown page… should be something unique

The forum-search is a big mystery to me… may i need to write a script around this ;)

The forum-search is a big mystery to me… may i need to write a script around this

hehehe😄. I’d love to see it if you ever do!

• @Keegan said in Should we have a "SCRIPTS" thread category?:

@joekamprad said in Should we have a "SCRIPTS" thread category?:

The forum-search is a big mystery to me… may i need to write a script around this

hehehe😄. I’d love to see it if you ever do!

hahahaha yes, i’m getting to the point of creating a script that create scripts :P

scripts6 category3 Posts 14Views 808
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.