• Reboot, black screen

Hi
    Freshly installed antergos on a Gigabyte Z170x gaming 7 mobo.
    Runs fine but when I reboot I get
    ERROR: resume: no device specified for hibernation.

That is right nobody, at least not me, said anything about hibernation. Could this cause a xwindows or logon manager load?

$ dmesg |grep ERROR
    [ 0.967724] acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC failed (AE_ERROR); disabling ASPM

EDIT: this seems to be lightdm issue. Not sure why the antergos team includes a display manager that is still buggy

• That’s a common error, but it shouldn’t stop your computer from booting up properly?

• @EarthMind It probably boots. but with a black screen an no way to logon it is a pretty expensive doorstopper.

• @theking2 said in Reboot, black screen:

ERROR: resume: no device specified for hibernation.

this is only because you may rewrite the grub.cfg after installation? normaly the entry will be created on installation:

resume=UUID=“longuuidoftheswapdevice” at the linux line… this will not harm system to not start X or DM… if you do not make use of resume/hibernation/suspend you can remove the resume hook from /etc/mkinitcpio.conf and rebuild Kernelimages with sudo mkinitcpio -p linux or sudo mkinitpio -p linux-lts or WHATEVER YOUR KERNEL IS …

@theking2 said in Reboot, black screen:

EDIT: this seems to be lightdm issue. Not sure why the antergos team includes a display manager that is still buggy

Lightdm is the only DM that can provide an independent DM for all the DE Antergos offers. Because it is independend from the toolkits of the DE (like gtk/qt )

But it is not the perfect solution, as it seems to have some issues with wayland and other little things (you know)

You can switch to gdm as you want to… or try lightdm-gtk-greeter if you are on GNOME.

pacman -S gdm
    systemctl -f enable gdm

I can not start a gnome-wayland-session out of lightdm here also… and lightdm issues also on starting i3-gnome-session… complete (X11)

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

Posts 4Views 157