• Antergos Installer - Error

I get the following error at the end of the installation process: “Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue.”

I have tried installing multiple times to rule out things and seem to get a different error code each time. The latest being 87377.

On each occasion it fails to install I have selected KDE. When I try installing with Gnome it installs successfully.

• @Rasziel
    I tried to install Antergos 17.10 KDE into VirtualBox and it succeeded without any problems. The installed size was 5.8GB.
    I chose manual partitioning (only one partition), msdos filesystem table, default apps.
    How about your internet connection, is it OK?

• Yup my connection is fine. I tried manually changing my mirrors to see they were an issue. I tried installing onto bare metal and in a vm with no discernible difference.

• @Rasziel posting /tmp/chchi.log and /tmp/postinstall.log might greatly enhance the change of having the issue addressed.

• Which ISO did you download?

• I’m getting same error too. This is reported in cnchi repo with full log
    (https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/803), basically antergos-kde-setup update conflict (https://forum.antergos.com/topic/8070/antergos-kde-setup-update-failed/4) . Once you have already installed desktop you can workaround it, but cnchi just bail with error immediately.

• Same problem here. I tried all given recommendations, but none. (Also verified the ISO.)
    I finally managed to install Antergos KDE using the 17.9 ISO (luckily, I had a copy in my HDD). Everything went smoothly. There’s something wrong with the 17.10 ISO!

• I had the exact same problem when trying Antergos w/ KDE from the 17.10 ISO .

If it’s working from the 17.9 ISO I’ll have to try it when I get home from work today - which may be sooner rather than later since I’m simply not feeling it today.

error247 installer45 Posts 8Views 1391
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.