• Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed

An update came across for Antergos-kde-setup, but it failed due to conflicting icon files. This was the output:

antergos-kde-setup: /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/curors/000081600000068100000408080010102 already exists in system.

then that like over and over again for both Adwaita and Numix.

I uninstalled antergos-kde-setup, in hopes that it would let me reinstall without the error. But the same error comes up.

I’m guessing that the solution would be to uninstall those icon packs. But what I’m really wondering is if I can just leave antergos-kde-setup uninstalled.

Any help would be appreciated.

• same problem, uninstalled too.
    seems bizarre to me why the devs didn’t have Adwaita and Numix as dependencies rather than trying to bundle them in antergos-kde-setup.

• Same error.
    Has someone found a solution?
    I would also like to update my system :D

• For a working solution you might want to read the forum here, or here, or here.

• So sudo pacman -S --force antergos-kde-setup seems to be the only solution.
    Ok, will do. Thanks a lot ;)

Edit:
    Does Antergos have a news section like the https://www.archlinux.org/?
    Then solutions could be easily shared and users don’t have to bother with the same question over and over again in the forums :P

• @got-it-man said in Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed:

So … seems to be the only solution.

It’s neither the only nor the best, but rather fastest and easiest solution. Other minor invonveniences may (or may not) arise later after appliying it.

• @just said in Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed:

@got-it-man said in Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed:

So … seems to be the only solution.

It’s neither the only nor the best, but rather fastest and easiest solution. Other minor invonveniences may (or may not) arise later after appliying it.

I’d like to see the other solutions. I ended up using the --force option, but if it isn’t the best and could cause problems later on, I’d want to know the others. The links you pointed at above only end up showing the --force option.

• @mtwb said in Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed:

I’d like to see the other solutions. I ended up using the --force option, but if it isn’t the best and could cause problems later on, I’d want to know the others. The links you pointed at above only end up showing the --force option.

Some times when a package is changed but it’s name kept the same there may have problems installing it, in that case cleaning the cache and then try to update/install again can work. sudo pacman -Scc

When we get a message like “package XXX already exists in system” that can be fixed deleting those files, which is a little complicated and frustrating if there are many packages (maybe creating a script to take those outputs then automatically remove conflicting packages could be a solution in the future).

That’s why --force option is handy, since it overwrites those conflicting packages, but will overwrite config files and all files provided by that package…

Not sure if there are other solutions beyond those, but is possible since we are talking about linux here :)

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto That makes sense. I didn’t even think about the cache. I don’t think uninstalling the files in my case would have worked without finding another cursor theme, as both themes I have installed seemed to be the conflicting files.

Thanks for your help!

• @just said in Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed:

For a working solution you might want to read the forum here, or here, or here.

I did this as described, however now all the cursors icons are gone.

(I could clean the cache with sudo pacman -Scc , but I would like to prevent cleaning the cache since this is bad practice and I need the cache for downgrading some packages.
    Any other idea?
    Problem is that downgrader does not work with Antergos only packages.)

Edit:
    Fixed it by removing antergos-kde-setup with sudo pacman -R antergos-kde-setup and then manually installed it from the cache with sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-kde-setup-1.0-2-any.pkg.tar.xz. Therefore I never clean my cache :P However no idea if I can update now without problems :D

• @got-it-man
    as far as i could see antergos-kde-setup provides the icons for cursors and their "shorcuts"
    but i also see a binary /usr/bin/antergos-kde-setup not sure if it need to be executed…
    is your system up-to-date? Try updating in a terminal please:
    sudo pacman -Syyu

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• @fernandomaroto said in Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed:

@got-it-man
    as far as i could see antergos-kde-setup provides the icons for cursors and their "shorcuts"
    but i also see a binary /usr/bin/antergos-kde-setup not sure if it need to be executed…
    is your system up-to-date? Try updating in a terminal please:
    sudo pacman -Syyu

System is up-to-date, however to ensure I did sudo pacman -Syyu and only downgraded xorg-server and xorg-server-common (latest version has a bug), however this shouldn’t be a problem.
    After the update of antergos-kde-setup there are files/ links missing to some cursors.
    After downgrading everything is back there.

Should I open a new thread or is there another way to report bugs?

• @got-it-man said in Antergos-kde-setup Update Failed:

Should I open a new thread

i guess you should since this thread is solved…

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

Posts 13Views 710