• how to install nvidia driver ?

someone know how to install nvidia graphics in antergos ? its easy to do in ubuntu and manjaro but i dont know how to do it in antergos. i have an old lenovo laptop with an nvidia card, the specs are nvidia geforce 730m ,Intel Core i5-4330M 2.80GHz, 8gb ddr3 ram

• sudo pacman -S nvidia-installer
    nvidia-installer -h

• @just i would have to do a clean install of antergos , i dont wanna do that , i would lose all of my hard work and customizations i made

• @karasu that didnt do anything

• @cookiedemon said in how to install nvidia driver ?:

i would have to do a clean install of antergos…

No, you haven’t to do that - unless Antergos was installed with proprietary graphic option enabled. Luckly, almost for sure you didn’t enable them - otherwise you wouldn’t be able to boot your Optimus.

If the BIOS doesn’t control video card, use either nvidia-installer or Antergos Wiki.

Otherwise, follow Antergos Wiki - it explains how to install Nvidia on BIOS-controlled Optimuses. Obviously, the nvidia-installer utility cannot change BIOS settings,

• ok now i just installed nvidia-installer in pamac, but nothing happened yet, i even restarted and its still the same. it was only a 43kb download, so i think thats the wrong thing to download

my bios doesnt show my nvidia card and thats very weird, but it actually does exist because its detected in manjaro and in windows . i need to have my nvidia card working because my intel cpu really old and has bad performance

• nvidia-installer is a program that lets you install/uninstall bumblebee / nvidia / nouveau…

Open a terminal and run nvidia-installer -h to see the options available

my bios doesnt show my nvidia card and thats very weird,…

A strange conclusion. By contrary, it is very normal. You may consider yourself lucky - your system is the most Nvidia- and Bumblebee-friendly.

• @just i got it installed now, but it doesnt work , my programs and games are still using the integrated graphics. I cant make anything use the nvidia gpu , and theres nothing in the settings that lets me choose which programs use it like i can in windows 8.1. + it broke my plasma desktop , now its just a black background and no icons or wallpaper.

the bumblebee driver is the worst , i need the regular nvidia driver like i got in windows where i can choose which programs use the gpu . Do you have any idea how to install it ?

the bumblebee driver is the worst ,…

Bumblebee is not a driver.

i need the regular nvidia driver…

Please, define “regular”. Is the current extra/nvidia 387.12-1 driver regular or irregular for you? It is installed along with Bumblebee.

…like i got in windows where i can choose which programs use the gpu .

Optimus remains Optimus independently from an OS. It works absolutely the same way in both Linux and Windows. In both OSes you need to indicate, whether you want to run a program on Intel or Nvidia GPU.

Do you have any idea how to install it ?

Yes, I do. By using using either Bumblebee or Prime, either with proprietary Nvidia or with free Nouveau drivers.

• @cookiedemon forgive me if this is a stupid question, but are you using optirun to run the programs you want to run with your nvidia card?

nvidia112 driver43 Posts 12Views 716