• Cnchi errors - cannot complete the installation

Anyone know how to fix this error.
    When i try ti install the Cinnamon desktop i got the follow error.

See link for the screenshot.
    https://ibb.co/nuT4Ow

Any help would be nice.
    Thanks!

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• I have a similar problem. @joekamprad wrote me: but there seem to be some problems with cnchi at the moment! So plz. be a bit patient, it will be solved soon! So I will…

• @Simon said in Cnchi errors - cannot complete the installation:

So plz. be a bit patient, it will be solved soon! So I will…

The @developers are working very hard to fix this, so hopefully it will work flawlessly very soon:grinning:.

Good luck and (hopefully) welcome to Antergos!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• Hi,

Cinnamon installation is not working. We’re still looking for the problem.

I’m going to sleep now, sorry. Will check it tomorrow.

Cheers!

• Hi,

@karasu said in Cnchi errors - cannot complete the installation:

Hi,

Cinnamon installation is not working. We’re still looking for the problem.

I’m going to sleep now, sorry. Will check it tomorrow.

Cheers!

Ok thanks no problem i have installed today xfce, and i love that everything is running smooth here now. Thanks for look into it for other users.

Greetings,

Rudi

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• @Xray2000

Now that you have Antergos installed with Xfce, have you tried installing antergos-cinnamon-setup with pacman?

• Hi,

@Myantra said in Cnchi errors - cannot complete the installation:

@Xray2000

Now that you have Antergos installed with Xfce, have you tried installing antergos-cinnamon-setup with pacman?

No sorry i"m happy with Xfce…

Greetings,

Rudi

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• @Xray2000 Hello, thank you to take care of this issue. I have installed another Linux distro. For sure, i will be back to Antergos as soon as cinnamon will be repaired.

• Hi,

@Myantra said in Cnchi errors - cannot complete the installation:

@Xray2000

One question when i do this will i be lost every desktop icon schortcut i have made into Xcfe, and what about all my programs i have installed ?

Thanks!

Rudi

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• @Xray2000 All your programs will be fine, desktop icons will still be in the desktop folder so if they don’t show up they should be easy to find. Changing desktop environments doesn’t change the folder you use in the home directory, only the way the graphical environment is presented to you.

• @Xray2000

Xfce will remain installed and configured exactly as it is currently. If you install Cinnamon as well, you will just see it as an option at the login screen. Once you select Cinnamon and login, everything you have installed will already be in the menu. You can logout and select Xfce to go back to it at any time. If you are so inclined, you can install every DE available and switch between them.

• @Myantra Ok thanks guy’s ;)

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• Hello All,

Is Cinnamon installation working by now ?
    Is there a way to check it before launching it instead of seeing this loosy error message at the last seconds of the installation ?

• Hi,

@Miinz said in Cnchi errors - cannot complete the installation:

Hello All,

Is Cinnamon installation working by now ?
    Is there a way to check it before launching it instead of seeing this loosy error message at the last seconds of the installation ?

I dont think it’s fixed as i try to install it on my Xfce setup and i get the follow errors:
    fout:kan het bestand ‘antergos-cinnamon-setup-0.1-1-any.pkg.tar.xz’ niet ophalen van mirrors.antergos.com : The requested URL returned error: 404

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• Yes, Cinnamon works with 17.10 installation media.
    To check before committing to drive, use virtualbox, that’s where I tested 17.10, will be committing to drive later today.

• @peanutsreveng3 said in Cnchi errors - cannot complete the installation:

Yes, Cinnamon works with 17.10 installation media.
    To check before committing to drive, use virtualbox, that’s where I tested 17.10, will be committing to drive later today.

Ok thanks i will download it and try to install on my hard drive i let everyone know here how iy go.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• Hi All,

I have just installed Cinnamon with 17.10 live iso without any problems, it seems everything is fixed. ;)

Best regards,
    Rudi Timmermans

• The first thing: Thank you to the programmers and other who contributed to the repair of this problem. The installation (cinnamon) went without any problems. Everything works OK! So, according to Keagan’s motto: … in the end, you will find that it was all worth it. I’m satisfied!

Thank you.

With a greetings

Simon

So, according to Keagan’s motto: … in the end, you will find that it was all worth it. I’m satisfied!

Yay !!! Good to hear. I just have that as my signature to encourage users feeling hopeless ;). Sometimes any amount of hope can make a huge difference.

Glad to hear it’s all working again!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

in the end, you will find that it was all worth it.

Do I need to go through all the dead cultures to prove that statement is not correct.
    How about all the extinct species and that’s before we know of all the species that’ve gone extinct on other planets, let alone those yet to become extinct on this planet…

MMMMWWWAAAAahahahahahahahaha

installation205 cnchi109 complete1 Posts 26Views 694