• How to create a custom Repo for packages

Thank you for the help! However, there are a few steps I don’t quite understand.

Create a clean building environment.

Do you mean I should just create a a new folder for it?

Create a key for signing the repo

I think this is what was causing me problems earlier😞. How can I properly do this?

Configure buildprocess

Again, I’m afraid I don’t quite understand…

Thank you for your time and help, and sorry about all of these questions.I really appreciate any help you can give😀.

1. clean build environment mean a Virtualiox or a chroot, because if you build packages onto your personal system directly is not a good idea in the view for “official” packages…
    2. gpg --full-generate-key or simple gpg --gen-keywith default settings…
    3. configure means /etc/makepkg.conf :
    #########################################################################
    # PACKAGE OUTPUT
    #########################################################################
    #
    # Default: put built package and cached source in build directory
    #
    #-- Destination: specify a fixed directory where all packages will be placed
    PKGDEST=/home/killajoe/Dokumente/Konfigurationen/packagerepo/packages
    #-- Source cache: specify a fixed directory where source files will be cached
    #SRCDEST=/home/sources
    #-- Source packages: specify a fixed directory where all src packages will be placed
    #SRCPKGDEST=/home/srcpackages
    #-- Log files: specify a fixed directory where all log files will be placed
    #LOGDEST=/home/makepkglogs
    #-- Packager: name/email of the person or organization building packages
    #PACKAGER="John Doe <[email protected]>"
    #-- Specify a key to use for package signing
    #GPGKEY=""

i do only minimal config but as you can see you can specify also info around packager (you) e.t.c.
    PKGDEST= will be the folder where you store and sign packages after building.

• @joekamprad
    would be possible to use github as a mirror/server (for small packages only)?

• try it :)

• @joekamprad said in How to create a custom Repo for packages:

try it :)

hahaha yes, when i have time it’s worth the shot.

• @fernandomaroto i try but seems not to work

• @Keegan said in How to create a custom Repo for packages:

Thank you for your time and help, and sorry about all of these questions.I really appreciate any help you can give.

you do not need to be sorry i only start investigate for you mr. !!!
    But in the end it highlighted to be a good thing too as alot of users here need some programms not aviable over normal repo and i build while helping so i can make them aviable over my repo now ;)

But in the end it highlighted to be a good thing too as alot of users here need some programms not aviable over normal repo and i build while helping so i can make them aviable over my repo now

and is better than using AUR imho. And i trust you :P

• @fernandomaroto said in How to create a custom Repo for packages:

and is better than using AUR imho. And i trust you

I second that idea! I would much rather use your repo than the AUR any day😀.

Add and sign repo

OK. I finally got to this step here😀. However, I’m a bit confused as to which commands to use here. I had been using sudo repo-add /var/lib/pacman/sync/Deepin.db.tar.gz /home/$USER/Dropbox/Linux/antergos-deepin-repo/*.pkg.tar.xz earlier but it didn’t seem to work correctly for me. Am I doing something wrong or missing something important?

Thanks!

P.S. (using Dropbox for my repo here ;).

• So I tried to add my Deepin repo, but whenever I run sudo pacman -Syy the repo does no even show up. Instead, it creates an html file in /var/lib/pacman/sync. Upon manually clicking it, it does send me directly to my repo, but apparently that is not enough. My repo is still not working with pacman -Syy or pacman -Syu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated😀.

Thanks.

• repo-add_and_sign -r antergos-deepin-repo --arch x86_64 --copy --verbose --purge *.pkg.tar

or at the end with .pkg.tar.xz if your packages are packed like this… and run the command inside the folder as .db and files needs to be inside the same folder…

but this command is using not repo-add from pacman packages as this one has no buildin process to sign all packages like the one from https://xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/repo-add_and_sign
    this will ask for your keyid you can get by taking a look inside seahorse:
    0_1507980645065_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-10-14 13-30-26.png
    and password from that key you want to use to sign your packages, sign packages (create .sig files) and add and antergos-deepin-repo.db.tar files.tar files to the folder… after this you can put all onto the folder inside your dropbox if you want to try this… but i am not sure you can use dropbox, as it will answear with linking you to a webpage instead of showing the filesystem so that pacman can read repo.db and files …

but i am not sure you can use dropbox, as it will answear with linking you to a webpage instead of showing the filesystem so that pacman can read repo.db and files …

I think you’re right. This is exactly what is happening to me😞. is there any free way to store my files online like you have?

Thanks!

this will ask for your keyid you can get by taking a look inside seahorse:

Ah… I think this was the bit of info I was missing for signing my packages! Thank you so much😀.

• repo-add_and_sign still aviable over my repo ;)

• Thanks! But is there an alternative to Dropbox for storing a repo online (that’s free) like you did? As you had mentioned, Dropbox does not seem to work😞.

• Perhaps SourceForge would work?

• https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=169037
    so it is may only a matter of the right url in your case?

• SourceForge does work !!! I just tried it and everything is working over here😀. Thank you for all of your help @joekamprad. Once I actually get my repo organized and all, I’ll make sure to post a link here ;).

• @Keegan glad to see you happy !!!

Posts 88Views 7040
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.