• \[SOLVED\] Flash Player

Hi! I installed Antergos Gnome 3.12 and flash player is not working with Chromium. How can I make it work

• Hi! I installed Antergos Gnome 3.12 and flash player is not working with Chromium. How can I make it work

• Hi,

Sorry about that. We still need to decide how we want to address this going forward. You can either use google-chrome instead of chromium or install the newer flash plugin (google version) from the AUR. No matter which option you choose, you need to uninstall the old flash plugin:

sudo pacman -R flash-plugin  

yaourt -S chromium-pepper-flash  

-OR-  

yaourt -S google-chrome

Let me know if you have any questions

Cheers!

• [b:350wysoy]pepper-flash[/b:350wysoy] works fine with chromium

few days ago I read about this [i:350wysoy]wrapper[/i:350wysoy] for flash on Firefox

• Thank you, it work, I use the first option with pepper flash.

• I am one that uses both of these beastly plugins. I do some browsing that requires flash-plugin and I do use the chromium-pepper-flash plugin when using chromium (what I use most). They can co-exist but you need to look and make sure that both aren’t enabled in chromium. chrome://plugins

• @“granul”:p5tkllt8 said:

Thank you, it work, I use the first option with pepper flash.[/quote:p5tkllt8]You’re welcome

@“blasphemist”:p5tkllt8 said:

I am one that uses both of these beastly plugins. I do some browsing that requires flash-plugin and I do use the chromium-pepper-flash plugin when using chromium (what I use most). They can co-exist but you need to look and make sure that both aren’t enabled in chromium. chrome://plugins
    [/quote:p5tkllt8]There really isn’t a need to keep both, IMHO. The regular flash plugin is deprecated and has only received security updates for the last three years. The pepper-flash plugin is sure to include code enhancements and newer features.

Cheers!

Posts 7Views 3390