• \[SOLVED\] Flash Player

Hi! I installed Antergos Gnome 3.12 and flash player is not working with Chromium. How can I make it work

• Hi! I installed Antergos Gnome 3.12 and flash player is not working with Chromium. How can I make it work

• Hi,

Sorry about that. We still need to decide how we want to address this going forward. You can either use google-chrome instead of chromium or install the newer flash plugin (google version) from the AUR. No matter which option you choose, you need to uninstall the old flash plugin:

sudo pacman -R flash-plugin  

yaourt -S chromium-pepper-flash  

-OR-  

yaourt -S google-chrome

Let me know if you have any questions

Cheers!

• [b:350wysoy]pepper-flash[/b:350wysoy] works fine with chromium

few days ago I read about this [i:350wysoy]wrapper[/i:350wysoy] for flash on Firefox

• Thank you, it work, I use the first option with pepper flash.

• I am one that uses both of these beastly plugins. I do some browsing that requires flash-plugin and I do use the chromium-pepper-flash plugin when using chromium (what I use most). They can co-exist but you need to look and make sure that both aren’t enabled in chromium. chrome://plugins

• @“granul”:p5tkllt8 said:

Thank you, it work, I use the first option with pepper flash.[/quote:p5tkllt8]You’re welcome

@“blasphemist”:p5tkllt8 said:

I am one that uses both of these beastly plugins. I do some browsing that requires flash-plugin and I do use the chromium-pepper-flash plugin when using chromium (what I use most). They can co-exist but you need to look and make sure that both aren’t enabled in chromium. chrome://plugins
    [/quote:p5tkllt8]There really isn’t a need to keep both, IMHO. The regular flash plugin is deprecated and has only received security updates for the last three years. The pepper-flash plugin is sure to include code enhancements and newer features.

Cheers!

Posts 7Views 4312
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.