• Unable to open passworded .xlsx file

Hi,

I have problem opening .xlsx Excel file that was passworded in Windows. “Enter Password” pop-up is constantly shown although I enter the correct password.

Does anyone know what could be the reason and how can I fix this?

Thank you

• @abcd_15 said in Unable to open passworded .xlsx file:

.xlsx

it is the x at the end… better to save the files in a open format like .odt …

It is possible to open .xlsx files with libreoffice e.t.c. under Linux but it is problematic, as there are different versions of it…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Then the password must be wrong.
    One reason could be the keyboard, there may be some differences for some keys, e.g. Numlock setting etc.
    So check your keyboard settings.

• @manuel , the password is correct. I can open the same file in Windows with the same keyboard.

• @abcd_15
    Then try writing a new excel file in Windows and encrypt it with a simple password, e.g. PASSWORD. Can you open that with libreoffice in Antergos?

• @joekamprad the file was originally created in Windows that is why it has .xlsx extension. I use Libreoffice but I still get the same problem. I also tried changing it to .odt but it didn’t worked either.

• @abcd_15
    By the way, can you open it with Libreoffice in Windows?

• And then there are two versions of libreoffice in Antergos. You may try to change to the other version and see if it helps.

unable38 passworded1 xlsx1 Posts 8Views 119