• Can't install Antergos Cinnamon - Error while checking integrity

Hello everyone,
    I have tried Antergos within the last month and I’m really satisfied so far. Unfortunately I am not able to install Antergos again on my XPS 15 9550.
    It all seems to work fine but in the end (I assume) of the installation I’m getting the following error, while “checking integrity” is displayed on the status bar:

Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue. Please reference the following number when reporting this error: 76584

I am installing on a fresh ext4 partition for antergos and a fresh fat32 partition for the /boot/EFI

There also seems to be a network problem with the official download website.
    Are you aware of that issue, why is this issue happening to me?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Dominik

• Same here. The issue seems to be with cinnamon install. I tried quite a few times. Gnome install completed successfully in the first try.

The error number changes everytime. I checked /tmp/cnchi.log. The error is pm_error 34 (invalid or corrupted package) in commit transaction.

• I can confirm, been this way for at least a couple of days. Looks like this bug: https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/799

I’ve tried all the workarounds listed in that bug and others referenced, but can’t get an install with Cinnamon. No problems with Gnome.

• I also had the issue last week. KDE worked but not Cinnamon.
    Installation was fine a week or two previously.

• Hello,

I have tried to install Cinnamon several times this week-end.
    Each attempt failed.

Since last nitght, I move to Mate.

Too bad, I liked Cinnamon

• Still does not working.

• FWIW, tried on Virtual Box again earlier. Same problem occurred with the GNOME install (though I didn’t run in debug and therefore not certain the exact same problem).

• there is an unsolved issue regarding to cinnamon install at the moment, devs are working on it but it will take some time. But hopefully they get it working next days !!!

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I also wait for the developers to fix this problem, because I also wrote in the forum that I installed ineffectively a dozen times. I’m also used to cinnamon. Please write if this package problem actually does not occur with KDE?

• Thanks, Joe.
    Fingers crossed it’s sorted by the weekend, was hoping to make this my old man’s first Nix install on desktop (but no real rush) :D

• @Miinz mate failed for me today. good for you then…

• The latest 17.10 install media just worked on a virtualbox with Gnome DE (no messing with mirrorlist and all additional software options disabled) and cinnamon (no messing with mirrorlist and all additional software options ticked).

Did get errors about theming on first boot, but selecting ‘default’ seems to have resolved that (and I’m going to customise anyway)

Problem hopefully resolved. GJ Dev dudes & thanks x x

• Yeah, appears to be fixed now, just installed cinnamon without issue. Thanks to everyone involved.

• That sounds great, I try and will confirm here

• @Miinz said in Can't install Antergos Cinnamon - Error while checking integrity:

That sounds great, I try and will confirm here

I do confirm, Antergos / Cinnamon installation WORKS
    Special thanks to the developpers

• Identical issue with KDE installation, error aplm. Have it some workaunds?

• @zgwerby said in Can't install Antergos Cinnamon - Error while checking integrity:

Identical issue with KDE installation, error aplm. Have it some workaunds?

Same here. Trying to install with KDE I get:

2017-10-07 09:05:22 [ERROR] pac.py(161) finalize_transaction(): Can't finalize alpm transaction: transaction failed, pm_errno 49 (conflicting files), [('adwaita-icon-theme', '/install/usr/share/icons/Adwaita/c$

• @zorza
    I shall try “vanilla arch” installing: base system + antergos-kde-setup after reboot.

Add: installation successful for base system, now I have error in antergos-kde-setup package.

Add2: how to remove conflicting adwaita-icon-theme dependency from antergos-kde-setup metapackage?

• @themrdomi said in Can't install Antergos Cinnamon - Error while checking integrity:

Hello everyone,
    I have tried Antergos within the last month and I’m really satisfied so far. Unfortunately I am not able to install Antergos again on my XPS 15 9550.
    It all seems to work fine but in the end (I assume) of the installation I’m getting the following error, while “checking integrity” is displayed on the status bar:

Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue. Please reference the following number when reporting this error: 76584

I am installing on a fresh ext4 partition for antergos and a fresh fat32 partition for the /boot/EFI

There also seems to be a network problem with the official download website.
    Are you aware of that issue, why is this issue happening to me?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Dominik

Hello,

You can tag this thread as solved

Many thanks

checking3 cinnamon72 error186 integrity2 Posts 19Views 768