Unsure if this is the right category, but I have not been able to successfully get the Antergos ISO booted on any of my systems so far, and it’s really starting to frustrate me.
System A (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x3RGZ8
Ryzen 5 1600
System B (MSI GL72 Q6D):
GTX 950m (Hybrid)
Issues with System A:
- Booting regularly causes the screen to freeze up with a line going across it. I can’t seem to get any combination of nomodeset working correctly, including
nouveau.modeset=0, which just hangs at a blinking cursor after the boot screen.
- Booting from any of the fallback options results in a “\EFI\archiso\vmlinuz not found” error. (going from memory, may not be exact)
Issues with System B:
- Hangs after “Starting Load/Save RF Kill Switch Status…”
Suggestions for A:
- Have a basic graphics mode like Fedora does (Fedora boots great in basic graphics)
- Include proprietary drivers in the install image
Unsure what’s wrong with B at this point, still researching.
And yes, I do know there’s an NVIDIA ISO out there that uses proprietary drivers, but I feel like there should be an official solution.