• VOIP Calls & SMS Application

Hey,

Not entirely sure this is the right place to ask but going to do it anyway.

I am looking for a nice desktop app for Linux that provides calling and SMS VOIP. Now this can either be one of those free services like Fongo or a paid one. All the options I have seen are only on iOS and Android. I have to believe at least something out there has Linux in mind?

The key being an actual desktop app. I don’t have a smartphone, only a Linux laptop.

Ideas, suggestions?

• I’ve always done “regular phone calls” and texting via Google Voice and Hangouts (per chromium.) This is a great way to call someone/some-company if you know you’re going to be on hold for 30+ minutes. Some time ago I believe Google “grandfathered in” previously-active inbound numbers so I’m not sure if you can still get an inbound number without paying a fee.

Personally I don’t care about the distinction between chromium and “a native Linux app” if the function is the same.

• I guess I should have added. I’m in Canada and Google Voice is not really possible.

Also, I have no Google accounts and don’t care to have one. So it would be a hard choice for me if Voice was around in Canada.

But yes you are right, if there is some web version service I am up for that as well.

• Looks like that could be it but did it have to be a Gnome app…bah! lol

application23 sms1 calls1 voip1 Posts 5Views 189
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.