• Missing dependencies on new install of Antergos?


    Hello everyone, I’ve been using Antergos for a while on one of my laptops.
    It’s pretty swell, so nice in fact that I decided to install it on my second laptop as well.
    Everything seems fine there, but dependencies that are retrieved on the other laptop are missing.

    For example installing playonlinux will simply declare missing dependencies. Trying to install “wine” brings up “Missing target”, trying to build wine-git from aur fails with missing dependencies for a multitude of lib32-XXXX style packages.

    My language is set to Swedish so actual output is likely to be gibberish to most here, (I do wish error messages were left untranslated). I’ve checked /etc/packman.d and as far as I can tell they’re identical between the laptops, but the above mentioned operations all work fine on the first one.
    I’d really prefer not to reinstall so if anyone has any ideas I’d be most grateful.

  • Hello everyone, I’ve been using Antergos for a while on one of my laptops.
    It’s pretty swell, so nice in fact that I decided to install it on my second laptop as well.
    Everything seems fine there, but dependencies that are retrieved on the other laptop are missing.

    For example installing playonlinux will simply declare missing dependencies. Trying to install “wine” brings up “Missing target”, trying to build wine-git from aur fails with missing dependencies for a multitude of lib32-XXXX style packages.

    My language is set to Swedish so actual output is likely to be gibberish to most here, (I do wish error messages were left untranslated). I’ve checked /etc/packman.d and as far as I can tell they’re identical between the laptops, but the above mentioned operations all work fine on the first one.
    I’d really prefer not to reinstall so if anyone has any ideas I’d be most grateful.

  • Hi,

    Ensure that you have the multilib repo enabled in /etc/pacman.conf and that you have installed all packages from the base-devel group:

    sudo pacman -Syy base-devel --needed
    

    Let me know the result

    Cheers!

  • This seems like an odd problem to me. Arch package management is most always very well done. How have you built up the laptop with the problem. Did you install everything you desired using pacman or maybe a GUI? You didn’t just try copying programs to it did you?

    This is what I’ve always done with Arch and the children distros. I installed pacmatic and I use it. [http://kmkeen.com/pacmatic/][0]">[http://kmkeen.com/pacmatic/][1]

    It’s a wrapper for pacman. Pacman does the installation of software but pacmatic adds to that. It passes news to you for example. It also makes it real easy to address new configuration files, pacnew files, right when you are installing them. It will display the old and new files right next to each other for you so you can make any changes needed and never get a mismatch of versions.

    There is a number one recommendation. The Arch wiki is the best there is. Get in the habit of using it if you haven’t already. You’ll learn and understand more and more. In this case I’d try the troubleshooting section of the pacman page. Pacman gives you great control of your packages and you’ll very likely see how to fix your issue(s).
    [https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman#Troubleshooting][0]">[https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa][2] … leshooting

    [0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://kmkeen.com/pacmatic/
    [2]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa

  • Thanks for your replies. This is directly after a clean install of USB, showed up during my routing run of first package installations. I install everything through packman or yaourt (usually I would do both through “packer”, but guess what, “target not found”). This is the situation directly out of the box. It is weird, I really don’t know why yet.
    Multilib was commented out, I removed that comment. Then reinstalled base-devel as instructed, every lib was already installed.
    Everything seems great but dependencies are still missing.
    yaourt -Syy wine-git ends with:
    ==> Building and installing package
    ==> Install or build missing dependencies for wine-git:
    fel: mål ej funnet: lib32-libxrandr
    fel: mål ej funnet: lib32-gettext

    And “pacman -Syy wine”:
    :: Synkroniserar paketdatabasen…
    core 111,8 KiB 682K/s 00:00 [############################################################################] 100%
    extra 1620,9 KiB 2,01M/s 00:01 [############################################################################] 100%
    community 2,2 MiB 2,10M/s 00:01 [############################################################################] 100%
    antergos 251,4 KiB 489K/s 00:01 [############################################################################] 100%
    fel: mål ej funnet: wine

    Once again, thanks for taking the time. Everything but this is working well and I’d love not to reinstall for something so seemingly simple.

  • Hi, so I downloaded an updated mirrorlist from the pacman mirrorlist generator, and together with enabling multilib things now seem to be working. No idea what the problem was with the old one, or why my other install enabled multilib by default.

    Thanks so much to the people that took the time to reply.

  • if your issue is fixed, don’t forget to mark it [solved]

    [img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

Posts 7Views 1665
Log in to reply