• Dolphin Network/samba stopped after update

I waited a few days since this started to see if anyone else had the issue, but after the 9-22-17 samba update,
    samba networks no longer show in Dolphin however they do in Thunar.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or a solution?

• The question should be anyone WITHOUT a samba problem??
    This is the 3 post about broken samba here…

I do not use it, and investgating is like step back to the 90ies for me :(

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/7893/why-o-why-is-samba-such-a-nightmare-in-linux/12

• Thankyou Joe for your help and the link, it did get me to where I am currently.
    I’ve never had issues with samba, even once, until now…
    …However, I believe it was caused by me in the first place, which seems to be the issue with most problems nowadays.

A short period after my first post other bad things started to happen.
    The last thing that happened that was unavoidably noticeable, was my desktop was uninstalled when I booted up.

I thought some on this and remembered I had turned on “Remove unrequired dependencies” in the Pamac preferences.
    I was under the impression that this would only remove things that where not in use. I guess not, unless it is broken somehow. It would seem this is a very dangerous button to flip if this is the reason for my woes.
    If this is the way this option is supposed to function, a detailed description of what’s going to happen would be nice lol

I was able to use alt+F2 to get the run bar and start pamac and install KDE Plasma again, and have been slowly finding alot of things had been getting removed…I just discovered I needed to reinstall Spectale & Gwenview & kcalc as well after trying to do a screenshot.

While I haven’t solved this through Dolphin yet, The Thunar browse network still works, but I found Smb4k to be quite a bit more powerful and cooperative during certain functions. It does things, for starters, previewing images on the shares where as Dolphin samba did not.

Getting Smb4k set up was a little tricky but got my shares mounted samba was still working for me partially so I found my shares with

$ smbtree -b -N
    WORKGROUP
    AIM
            \\MODOK                         Advanced Idea Mechanics
                    \\MODOK\IPC$            IPC Service (Advanced Idea Mechanics)
                    \\MODOK\The_Cosmic_Cube The_Cube
                    \\MODOK\Super-Adaptoid  200GB_Boot_and_Services_Drive
                    \\MODOK\Kubik           DVD Drive
                    \\MODOK\Infinity-Gem    Private Drive
                    \\MODOK\Deadpool        1TB

After that I just opened mount dialog and copied and pasted, but had to reverse the \ to /

0_1506888131941_Screenshot_20171001_151748-2.png

I’m happy for now so I’ll mark solved.

Posts 3Views 656
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.