• The gnome-shell clock is frozen.

Hi everyone!

I’m a happy user of Antergos from years.

The last time I updated my system the gnome-shell clock froze. I reinstalled the system and the problem was fixed, but when I finished installing my programs, the problem happened again.

This same problem has happened to me in the three computers in my house. And only happen with the gnome-shell clock.

Does anyone have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you very much for this wonderful operating system.

• do you use the same theme on all this systems? (shell-theme)
    may changing the theme to another will solve this, or change and go back to the same too…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad

Thanks joekamprad, but this doesn’t fix the problem. I’ve tried changing the theme of the shell and restarting the desktop and it does not work.

I’ve tried deleting the configuration in my home folder and doesn’t fix the problem too.

I’ve tried deactivating the extensions and restarting and doesn’t work too.

All I know is with a fresh install everything works fine, and when I install my programs, the clock freezes.

I will continue to find a solution.

Thanks so much.

• SOLVED!!!

I use the realtime kernel from the coderkun-audio repo, and my clock freeze using it. Changing to the official kernels, everything works again. The clock is fixed.

But I prefer to use the realtime kernel. I will search for a solution in the future. Thanks! Marked as solved. :)

gnome-shell11 frozen2 clock8 Posts 4Views 80