• Proprietary video drivers option during install

Hi,

I would like to know why the option to install the proprietary graphics drivers as been removed from the installation (CNCHI) interface?

It was a great option for people who don’t know (yet :-) ) how to install the nvidia drivers and how to remove nouveau from their system making Antergos the best noob-friendly arch distro!

• @Osirix said in Proprietary video drivers option during install:

I would like to know why the option to install the proprietary graphics drivers as been removed from the installation (CNCHI) interface?..

Are you sure that proprietary graphic drivers option has been removed from Cnchi? This is Antergos 17.9 full ISO, downloaded from NLUUG Ftp 30 min ago:

0_1506195698897_antergos-17.9-proprietary-drivers-2017.09.23-22.27-modded.png

• @just

Ok, I think I’ve founded why… This time I stayed in front of my computer while the installation dvd was loading and spotted some ACPI errors before the PC went into graphic mode. Those errors seemed to indicate that the identity of the VGA card seemed invalid or couldn’t be found out.

This may mean that the installer can’t detect that I’ve an NVidia card and so default to not showing that option like on my laptop with an integrated Intel gpu.

I’m running a new DELL Inspiron desktop equiped with a GTX 1060 and R7 1700X cpu.

• @Osirix You might want to try to apply the trick, described in AnteWiki here. It is for ACPI-related problems on GTX 960M cards. I don’t have neither 960M nor GTX 1060, so can’t say whether it works or not.

There is a clone of Antergos ISO, made for recent Nvidia cards like yours. It may or may not work better than the native, original Antergos for your card. Search for it in this forum or at SourceForge.

• @Osirix said in Proprietary video drivers option during install:

I’m running a new DELL Inspiron desktop equiped with a GTX 1060

I was wondering that you can reach LiveEnvironment onto the Antergos Iso Installer?

My ISO https://sourceforge.net/projects/antergos-nvidia-iso/
    Will give you also no option for the nvidia driver, as i can see on my system, because my card is not inside the List of known cards… (Non optimus system)

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

drivers33 video22 proprietary8 during21 Posts 5Views 233