• Numerous Announcements For Deepin And Budgie

Hi,

@Keegan : I’m in the process of changing all this mess (hopefully with something easier to maintain). I merged antergos-desktop and antergos-gsettings into antergos-desktop-settings 😀

But there is still some configuration that is done by Cnchi (and it also copies some files from the ISO). All this should also be moved to antergos-desktop-settings and have all settings in just one place once and for all.

• @karasu said in Numerous Announcements For Deepin And Budgie:

I’m in the process of changing all this mess (hopefully with something easier to maintain). I merged antergos-desktop and antergos-gsettings into antergos-desktop-settings

Thank you so much for that😀. It surely was getting rather confusing😄.

But there is still some configuration that is done by Cnchi (and it also copies some files from the ISO). All this should also be moved to antergos-desktop-settings and have all settings in just one place once and for all.

What type of configuration are you thinking of here? Other than gsettings of course…

• @Keegan said in Numerous Announcements For Deepin And Budgie:

What type of configuration are you thinking of here? Other than gsettings of course…

Basically /etc/skel files (that end in the new user’s home folder). Cnchi copies them directly from the ISO, which I think it’s a wrong decision. All this setup should be in a package.

Basically /etc/skel files

Hmmm… in that case, i may have to ask you to copy my current skel folder in my repo of Antergos-Deepin on Github. Here’s the link to it:
    https://github.com/keeganmilsten/Antergos-Community-Editions/tree/testing/configs/deepin/root-image/etc/skel

If you can, please keep ALL of my configs in there, without changing them at all, even if they seem rather strange😄. All of my changes serve a purpose for my ISO😀.

Thank you!

• And if it’s not too much to ask, could I please have some permissions to this new package? (antergos-desktop-settings that is ;)). Because the skel folder is where I make the majority of my changes and tweaks to my ISO. I know I could create a pull request, but sometimes I make over 10 changes in as little as 20 minutes, and then at other times none for a day or two! Without the ability to change it directly, the development of Antergos-Deepin will slow to an absolute crawl and any work I do will be completely reliant on you. And while that would usually be fine with me, I know that you actually have a life too and would rather not be online at your repo on Github 24/7 just to click the “Merge” button for my 25 commit of the day (I can really go through a lot of “commits”, mostly because the changes I make are generally one liners each😄.

Thank you😀.

Basically /etc/skel files (that end in the new user’s home folder). Cnchi copies them directly from the ISO, which I think it’s a wrong decision.

i like the idea of having the /etc/skel in the destination system (that doesn’t affect what you’re sayiong here) cause if i want to create a new user with antergos default configs later on, the new user will use the /etc/skel to the new user…
    So what do you think about copying the config files at /etc/skel also and not only to /home?
    Not sure if i was clear enough…

• @fernandomaroto said in Numerous Announcements For Deepin And Budgie:

Not sure if i was clear enough…

I’m afraid I don’t quite understand… could you elaborate?

Thanks😀.

• @Keegan ok
    Under Antergos, after the system is installed the folder /etc/skel is very empty, without most of antergos config files for the choosen desktop. I like the folder functionality as a “backup folder” for all those configs.

Example1: I installed Antergos Openbox, changed some configs and hey!, i destroyed the very nice config that antergos devs made. How can i restore? Only browsing the github site and dig untill i find what i want. BUT if those folders where saved at /etc/skel? much easier and is also default for all linux distros.

Example2: I installed Antergos Openbox and created a new user and hey! Why is not antergos configs here? because /etc/skel is very empty, so new users only have basic files to the new /home folder…

Basically that… :P

• Ah… I understand what you mean now😀. Hopefully @karasu shows up soon so that he doesn’t get behind on all our brainstorming😄.

Thanks!

• @karasu, I don’t mean to bug or nag you, but what do you think about my question, 5 posts back? I’m kind of stuck in suspense right now ;).

Thanks!

• Hi @Keegan

I’m in a rush right now. I’ll answer you through the chat.

• Thank you😀.

• WHat’s about the new release?

• I have other question about this version: it includes this plugin?
    alt text

Posts 34Views 4203
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.