• Some Help On Raid Setup (Almost succeed )

Hi ,
    I am trying to install Antergos under a raid 0 setup but I just missing a small detail in order to boot to raid.

So here are my steps

1. I have booted with a usb device to Antergos
    2. I did a Raid 0 Setup with 2x NVME
    3. So I have created the raid 0 , Antergos Installer recognize it and installed antergos on my raid
      4…I have went to RAID DRIVE /etc/mkinitcpio.conf and added

‘mdmon’ in BINARIES and ‘shutdown’ in HOOKS.
    dm_mod to the MODULES line in mkinitcpio.conf
    mdadm_udev hooks to the HOOKS list in mkinitcpio.conf after udev.

1. So now I need to generate new Initramfs ,update grub and edit fstab and I am done.
      But… How do I generate Initramfs since my installation is on Raid drive and I am on Antergos USB Drive???
      My raid Drive looks like /run/media/antergos/OS with 2 partitions AntergosBoot and AntergosRoot

I have tried many things and everything failed, I just need to tell to Antergos to read the new mkinitcpio and configure the RAID boot drive. I have already spend many hours trying to do that simple thing and no success yet :(
    mkinitcpio -p Linux is not working so is not that simple. I have tried also other things from arch wiki like
    mkinitcpio -c /etc/mkinitcpio-custom.conf -g /boot/linux-custom.img but I Dont know what I am doing wrong or what and where I have to generate ><

ps: By default Antergos is creating extra boot and swap partitions on Raid , do I need both or I need only BOOT Partition in order to boot the raid?

Any help or any guidance will be much appreciated
    Thanks!

• Hey @kyrisk
    Sorry I don’t have a raid configuration but the command you looking for is arch-chroot
    You need to manually mount your raid partitions in a directory and then arch-choot ( change root) to that directory and run the mkinitcpio command
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/change_root

• @pyUser said in Some Help On Raid Setup (Almost succeed ):

Hey @kyrisk
    Sorry I don’t have a raid configuration but the command you looking for is arch-chroot
    You need to manually mount your raid partitions in a directory and then arch-choot ( change root) to that directory and run the mkinitcpio command
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/change_root

Thanks for the TIP , I have managed and install Antergos on Raid 0 :)

succeed1 raid3 Posts 3Views 113