• ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21

This post is deleted!
  • @Velkerk said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21:

I have done nothing but enjoy the development of Deepin

You have done MUCH more than that! You give yourself too little credit ;). (At least in my humble opinion).

• This post is deleted!
  • Thanks! Although really, that credit must go to the Antergos @developers (as mentioned in my first post). If you just check the Antergos repo in Pamac Github, you will notice that “antergos-welcome” is already there! I have no idea why it’s not included by default in their own ISOs, but it seemed like such a nice idea that I thought I would include it in mine

Yep, that app was not finished. I worked hard the last days so it should work now.

I’m afraid I can’t reproduce the chromium error in my machine, I’ll try to reproduce it in a VM asap.

You can use it in the livecd but it’s true that our idea was to show it when the new installed system starts for the first time.

Cheers!

• @karasu said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21:

Yep, that app was not finished. I worked hard the last days so it should work now.

Thank you for all of your hard work, @karasu!

You can use it in the livecd but it’s true that our idea was to show it when the new installed system starts for the first time.

Maybe I can change that in my next ISO release. For now, I’m just grateful for all of your work with it! It looks amazing😀.

• <offtopic> @karasu to have the welcome screen popping up on fresh installs, would be a great thing to get new users contributing to the forum! And also get a picture of the structure of Wiki/Forum/IRC(telegram) </offtopic>

• @Keegan said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21:

Built in support for VPNs.

Has anyone managed to connect to Vpn Gate ? (OpenVPN Configuration File (.ovpn file))

• @tuxnot said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21:

Has anyone managed to connect to Vpn Gate ? (OpenVPN Configuration File (.ovpn file))

yes i use vpn under deepin but this is very tricky. deepin vpn after successful connect dont remember passwords after reboot so user must edit few files (change vpn passwords settings from gnome keyring to NetworkManager) or set in vpn deepin gui to: promt for password for every time but enter always password at boot is really silly solution. so the easy way is use openvpn
    copy .openvpn file to /etc/openvpn/client and start vpn deamon. more about how use openvpn is there:

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5777/openvpn-2-4-0-update-requires-administrative-interaction/3

• @joksik said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21:

so the easy way is use openvpn
    copy .openvpn file to /etc/openvpn/client and start vpn deamon. more about how use openvpn is there:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5777/openvpn-2-4-0-update-requires-administrative-interaction/3

Yep! That’s what I would have suggested too ;). In my last ISO refresh of Antergos Deepin, I have even included openvpn by default in the Live ISO. That way, a user can figure it out if they so feel before even installing Deepin. So if you are still confused, you can always just boot into a live environment to try it out😀. (that way nothing you will do can damage your system or anything). However, it should also be included in a default install now too…

Hope this helps and good luck!

• @joksik said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21:

yes i use vpn under deepin but this is very tricky.

Thank you. I did this: download from vpn gate site file …opengw.net , rename it to client.conf and copied to /etc/openvpn/client. Then I run: sudo systemctl start [email protected]
    and stop: sudo systemctl stop [email protected] . I do not need autostart vpn. Network-manager-applet in Deepin, work ? Did you manage to connect it with vpn? I could not get.

• @tuxnot said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9.21:

Did you manage to connect it with vpn? I could not get.

deepin vpn settings in gui is difficult to set so you can import your file to network manager:

sudo nmcli connection import type openvpn file filename.openvpn

after that you will see your vpn connection in deepin network settings but you must in settings enter manually your username and password and click save. but as i write before i have always successful first connection but after i restart my computer even if i choose “remember” vpn password deepin fail to connect so there is a problem with keyring for me (saving vpn password). i fix this with dispatcher (create two scripts and add in my config file password for vpn to remember) all is here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager#Network_services_with_NetworkManager_dispatcher

but this is hard way so now i use on clean deepin install only openvpn services it`s only 2 commands but if you like play with arch yes you can do this like me in past but you must read carefully arch wiki or maybe deepin developers fix this issue and after you import with nmcli your vpn connection it will work at start for you who knows ;) i dont do this few weeks so i dont really know

• Which is the mdsum for this iso?

Posts 32Views 4911
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.