• PC hangs

On a fresh antergos installation my pc hangs randomly and all I can do is move the cursor. Imanaged to connect to it via ssh and there is a comman on htop that uses 100% of the cpu. the command is :

/usr/lib/xorg-server/Xorg :0 -seat seat0 -auth /run/lightd,/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch

What could be worng? Thank you in advance.

• Can you provide your hardware info, esp. graphics card? Also, it might be related to desktop environment. Which one are you using and have you tried others?

• @psscnp142 said in PC hangs:

Can you provide your hardware info, esp. graphics card? Also, it might be related to desktop environment. Which one are you using and have you tried others?

Ok so my PC is an old laptop with a core 2 duo cpu, 4gb DDR2 ram and an Nvidia 9200 gpu. Right now I’m using the proprietary Nvidia drivers and KDE as my DE but I had this issue with an XFCE DE on an Arch linux install. I’ve also tried using the nouveau driver but with no luck.

• I did a bit of research, seems like this thread is similar to what you see (though it is a bit old):

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=168040

Also, which driver is installed on your system? There is a nvidia-340xxpackage for older hardware as arch wiki suggests:

-For GeForce 8000/9000, ION and 100-300 series cards [NV5x, NV8x, NV9x and NVAx] from around 2006-2010, install the nvidia-340xx or nvidia-340xx-lts package.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the same hardware so I can’t test it. Maybe some others can or already know a solution.

• Are you sure it doesn’t have some integrated Intel graphics card, too?

• To check that, run this command in a terminal:
    lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'
    If it outputs two lines, then you’re likely having an Optimus laptop. Else…"

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I definitely don’t have Intel graphics I’m sure for that although the solution from the Arch linux forums seemed to work now at random I have artifacts on screen which with a reboot are gone

• Glad to see it works. When you are convinced, please mark the thread as solved.

• @psscnp142 Yeah man Thank you for your time and effort to help. Thank to the other guys too.

hangs16 Posts 9Views 343