• Updates from Antergos Repo not downloading

Updates from the Antergos Repo aren’t updating. They show up in Pamac however they never download and Pamac never prints any output when you click “details”. Everything from the standard Arch repo(s) work just fine, it’s just Antergos that does this.

I had this issue awhile ago and I remember somehow fixing it by refreshing mirrors in Pamac but it looks like the developers of the application removed that ability and my attempts to refresh the mirrorlist via command line hasn’t fixed it either.

Does anyone know what’s going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

• So that’s why the updated version of my Antergos package (antergos-kernel-manager) has not been shown. Apparently I must be having the same problem as you are here:grinning:. I would like to say that I know an easy way to solve it right off the bat, but sadly I do not. This sounds like something the Antergos @developers would be interested in though, considering it does involve their repo.

Wish I could help more, but it appears we are in this journey together friend!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• @Keegan Funny thing is, for the longest time the updates didn’t even show up in Pamac. Then they started randomly appearing and disappearing almost as if by random.

I made a Github issue here but none of the developers have replied, unfortunately.

• Are you running KDE? I am and pamac is known to be a gtk app, hence not working really well with the Qt based KDE. I don’t use pamac at all for this reason, it won’t even display responsive enough for real use. You could just issue sudo pacman -Syuu once a day to get updated or use octopi which is Qt based.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

• @Deridjian Nope, Gnome. Doing that gives me all of these.

Link is pastebin because some automated spam detection thinks it’s spam…

Well, all of those 404’s might be the issue…

• The most recent mirrorlist as of today is antergos-mirrorlist-20170902-2 (link to antergos repo).
    You could download it and manually install the tar.xz with pacman using sudo pacman -U /path/to/file and see if that helps.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

• @Deridjian Wow, that actually worked. I had downloaded another mirrorlist before in an attempt to fix it and it never worked then either. I wonder what changed…

Still, it looks like Sourceforge isn’t working…

Error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-wallpapers-0.7-2-any.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading python-pydbus-0.6.0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'python-pydbus-0.6.0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading antergos-welcome-0.3-2-any.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-welcome-0.3-2-any.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading cjs-3.4.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'cjs-3.4.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading muffin-3.4.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'muffin-3.4.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading nemo-3.4.7-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'nemo-3.4.7-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading cinnamon-screensaver-3.4.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'cinnamon-screensaver-3.4.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading cinnamon-session-3.4.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'cinnamon-session-3.4.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading cinnamon-settings-daemon-3.4.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'cinnamon-settings-daemon-3.4.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading cinnamon-3.4.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'cinnamon-3.4.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1946-1-any.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'numix-icon-theme-1:0.r1946-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading pamac-6.0.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'pamac-6.0.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
    Downloading vivaldi-1.11.917.39-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz...
    Error: failed retrieving file 'vivaldi-1.11.917.39-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

Which is fine because Pamac tries another mirrior. Vivaldi 1.11 finally!

Side note: Looks like updating Numix icon theme glitches out window buttons to question mark icons for some reason…

Thank you!

• @BlueGoliath
    I think the problem relates to some mirrors that are not working properly or are severly out of date. At least I noticed similar problems while exploring the generation of antergos mirrorlist.
    Especially the sourceforge server seems to have outdated stuff; you should be ok with commenting out sourceforge in /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist.

• @BlueGoliath said in Updates from Antergos Repo not downloading:

I made a Github issue here but none of the developers have replied, unfortunately.

May they do not reply here caus i force you to go to the forum :expressionless:

But they will read here for sure!!!

I was using a mirrorlist generated by @manuel 's smart bash script and this works !

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @manuel Weird. My sourceforge entry is Server = http://sourceforge.net/projects/antergos/files/mirror/$repo/$arch and it’s not throwing any errors at all.

• Um… this happened when updating again.

Looks like it’s really confused as to where to get updates.

• @BlueGoliath Really sorry for you. I hate those kind of irritations. Sadly the only thing I can do for you is to show you parts of my (not modified) mirrorlists for you to compare:

# /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist

### Automated Mirror Selection
    Server = http//mirrors.antergos.com/$repo/$arch
    Server = http//sourceforge.net/projects/antergos/files/mirror/$repo/$arch

### Manual Mirror Selection
    Lots of national servers all ending in .../antergos/$repo/$arch

# /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

### Arch Linux mirrorlist generated by Cnchi
    Server = http//mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
    ...loads of other servers ending with the same structure

I also have etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.pacnew but in here every single Server is commented out.
    Hope this may be of some help for you, sorry…

• @BlueGoliath in which country are you?

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad Sorry didn’t see you’re reply. U.S.

I’m having issues with updates not showing up in Pamac again now. RIP.

Are there any developers that can look into this?

Edit: and I just commented out the Sourceforge mirror from /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist for the giggles and suddenly everything is working again.

• @BlueGoliath
    Sourceforge is known to have outdated stuff. As such I think it should be removed from the official Antergos mirror list.

repo14 updates34 downloading3 Posts 15Views 344