• \[SOLVED\] unable to boot into antergos

Hi,got into an problem when i select cinnarch in the grub menu i am getting the following error
    [8.600711]systemd-tm­pfiles[157]:[/usr/­lib/tmpfiles.d/­uuidd.conf:1]unknown user ‘uuidd’.
    [76.301901]hub 2-1:1.0:unable toenumerate usb device on port 6
    how can i fix this problem?

• Hi,got into an problem when i select cinnarch in the grub menu i am getting the following error
    [8.600711]systemd-tm­pfiles[157]:[/usr/­lib/tmpfiles.d/­uuidd.conf:1]unknown user ‘uuidd’.
    [76.301901]hub 2-1:1.0:unable toenumerate usb device on port 6
    how can i fix this problem?

• Is your installation on a removable USB drive? The error makes it seem like they system is looking a drive that is no longer attached. First thing I would try is pressing “e” on your boot entry which will allow you to make a one-boot edit. Erase the line that says “resume=/dev/byUUID/xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx”. If you did have a drive that is no longer attached, you will need to edit your /etc/fstab/ to stop the system from looking for it. Good luck!

• No i have installed cinnarch in my harddisk only.i found that installing util-linux will recover the system but i couldn’t open the virtual terminal also
    failed to connect system D-bus daemon.connection failed like this i am getting error any way to fix the problem?

• I have chrooted and installed util-linux after an reboot i am just getting this
    arch:clean,260111/­1105920 files,2602300/­4396799 blocks
    but no errors and gui available how to fix it?

• Sounds like you need to recreate your grub.cfg. Just chroot back in and run

sudo grub-install /dev/sda && sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Hopefully that will get you back to normal. Good luck!

• I think grub is ok but i will try it and i tried changing the /etc/fstab file now i am not getting errors but still unable to boot into my os

• If you are no longer getting any /dev/UID erors then there no need to mess with grub. It seems one issue went away but now you have another. If you would post the output of

sudo journalctl -b

as well as your xorg log located in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. that will , with any luck, point to the problem.

• I’m not sure how to chroot in… any pointers? I see the command is here, once I chroot in… just asking how? or when to do so…

• Here is my Xorg.o file contents [url:2s69vp0t]http://pastebin.com/HZeyVh8e[/url:2s69vp0t]

I got the following for journalctl -b

-- Logs begin at Tue 2013-05-21 01:25:41 IST, end at Thu 2013-05-30 16:25:07 IST  
    lines 1-1/1(END)  

Please help me to solve this problem

• I have a quick question Dinesh…do you have more than one screen name on the forum? I am wondering if the post by “binskipy2u” is actually a different person with a different issue (although similar) or if I am still only helping you alone?

Just an FYI to users: We try not to piggy back on other issues posted in the forum unless you are sure its the exact same issue that you are experiencing and want to provide additional info. It’s always best to create your own thread as its less confusing for anyone trying to provide help. [/color:15n91ug1]
    Okay, Dinesh what is the current status of your issue? How far does your pc get into the boot process before failing? What errors are thrown? Are you able to switch VT’s before it locks up? (You may have to press Ctl+Alt+F2 a few times before it stays there)

• @"Dinesh said:

Here is my Xorg.o file contents [url:1hf278az]http://pastebin.com/HZeyVh8e[/url:1hf278az]

I got the following for journalctl -b

-- Logs begin at Tue 2013-05-21 01:25:41 IST, end at Thu 2013-05-30 16:25:07 IST  
    > lines 1-1/1(END)  
    > 

Please help me to solve this problem

I see you added more info while I was typing my last response

• Hey no i am having only one profile
    i am able to get the grub screen i am selecting cinnarch there then i am getting
    arch:clean,260111/­1105920 files,2602300/­4396799 blocks
    systemd-fsck[223]:LFS:clean 97808/856800 files,blocks
    [18.486435]systemd-logind[251]:failed to get system D-bus connection:Did not receive a reply.possible causes include : the remote application did not send a reply,the message bus security policy blocked the reply,the reply timeout expired,or the network connection was broken.
    Failed to fully start up daemon:connection refused
    this is coming repeatedly with multiple logind values.and i am unable to login to virtual terminal also

• If you begin pressing Ctl+Alt+F2 early in the boot process, like right after you see the first systemd output scrolling, it should switch. Now it may jump right back in which case you keep pressing repeatedly until it gives up and stays put. I have had a very similar issue with logind daemon a few months ago but I cannot recall what the problem was or how I fixed it!

• Hmmm unable to get vt

• No problem. Once you have chrooted in (with --rbinds set for /proc, /sys, & so on) go ahead and run

sudo pacman -Syy && sudo pacman -Su --noconfirm

What packages needed updates and were they successful?

• Ok i will try this

• I have fixed this problem with the help of lots.o.logs by doing the following activities under chroot environment
    1)Added my Username to /etc/passwd
    2)Added groups dbus,gdm,avahi,polkit to /etc/group
    A sincere thanks to lots.o.logs.

• Glad to be of assistance! Just promise you won’t experiment on your default installation anymore hehe

Posts 20Views 4430