• Report error with Antergos-iso build tool

Hi!

I guess there are some error in the steps/instructions to intall the antergos-iso

sudo make install
    Copy the antergos folder from /usr/share/antergos-iso/configs to your working directory (/var/tmp/antergos, for instance).

For instance, this step create the folder with wrong permissions, since i couldn’t access the folder without being sudo. I mean the folder config

Clone antergos-gfxboot : git clone https://github.com/antergos/antergos-gfxboot /var/tmp/antergos/antergos-gfxboot (or setup isolinux/syslinux).
    Create destination folder /out : sudo mkdir /out

Those above are ok

Create a symlink to your working directory and call it /start : sudo ln -s /var/tmp/antergos /start
    Build the iso (run the command inside the /var/tmp/antergos directory): sudo ./build.sh build dual

Is not possible to run the command there (after creating the symlink) , since there is only 2 folders ,config and antergos-gfxboot, and is trying to find build.sh which is inside /config/Desktop_of_choice (and have wrong permissions)

@karasu I hope you can have some time to check it out. I noticed the building system was changed recently, the old one took more steps but looked like simpler compared to this new one.

OBS: I hope i’m not being harsh. I just wanted to try to migrate my iso to be more “antergos style” but couldn’t even start hehehe.

Thanks for your attention!

• Hi,

Do not use the master branch, as it will be merged with testing asap.

Have a look at this:

https://github.com/Antergos/antergos-iso/tree/testing

Cheers!

• In addition, I for some reason have never been able to get those instructions to work for me. No idea why, but maybe you are running into the same issue? Anyways, I compiled my own set of instructions that DO seem to work for me, if you want to take a look at them here . Maybe it will work for you and maybe it won’t, but it did for me!

Good luck!

• @Keegan Nice! your Readme looks very clean and well structered!

• Thank you! It’s mostly so that I myself can build it easier without having to actually think about it every time : )

• @karasu said in Report error with Antergos-iso build tool:

Hi,

Do not use the master branch, as it will be merged with testing asap.

Have a look at this:

https://github.com/Antergos/antergos-iso/tree/testing

Cheers!

Thanks, i’ll check it out

In addition, I for some reason have never been able to get those instructions to work for me. No idea why, but maybe you are running into the same issue? Anyways, I compiled my own set of instructions that DO seem to work for me, if you want to take a look at them here . Maybe it will work for you and maybe it won’t, but it did for me!
    Good luck!

I’ll check as soon as possible too.

Thanks everyone for your attention guys :)

• @karasu i merged both official and keegan instructions, i liked the idea of cloning antergos-gfxboot directly in /usr/share/antergos-iso/antergos-gfxboot/ instead of ~/antergos-iso/antergos-gfxboot/.

the command git checkout colors gave errors on both tutorials, build process is working here. ( i’m building a minimum iso for test first)

• @fernandomaroto said in Report error with Antergos-iso build tool:

build process is working here. ( i’m building a minimum iso for test first)

Good to hear! I wish you luck : ) 😀.

error307 tool8 report4 antergos-iso4 Posts 8Views 832
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.