• Dual Boot with Windows 8.1

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to give Antergos a whirl as a dual boot with an already installed Win 8.1 OS. During the manual installation set the Fat32 partition with the Win bootloader as the /boot (although I didn’t format the drive) and installed root on a new partition. Installation went fine with no issues, although when I reboot, Antergos is not showing up on the list of OS’s? I have tried setting Antergos_Grub as the default with EasyBCD but this still only shows Win 8.1? The weird thing is if i Esc out of that during boot, i get a different loader and Antergos is there, and i can load it up and log in, i’m guessing i have done something wrong somewhere, but not sure exactly how to fix it.

Thanks
    Jon

• Hi Guys,

I have been trying to give Antergos a whirl as a dual boot with an already installed Win 8.1 OS. During the manual installation set the Fat32 partition with the Win bootloader as the /boot (although I didn’t format the drive) and installed root on a new partition. Installation went fine with no issues, although when I reboot, Antergos is not showing up on the list of OS’s? I have tried setting Antergos_Grub as the default with EasyBCD but this still only shows Win 8.1? The weird thing is if i Esc out of that during boot, i get a different loader and Antergos is there, and i can load it up and log in, i’m guessing i have done something wrong somewhere, but not sure exactly how to fix it.

Thanks
    Jon

• Hi,

I think a good place to start is determining whether or not your system is in UEFI mode once you boot into Antergos. Run the following command from Antergos and post the output:

ls -l /sys/firmware/efi

Best Regards,
    Dustin

Posts 3Views 1137