• Can't control brightness through DE.

Hello,

I cannot control brightness with hardware buttons, nor with DE (lightdm) brightness slider.
    I cannot control using any packages (xbacklight …). -xbacklight is changing some values but without effect.

I can control them the following way:

sudo su
    echo 250 > /sys/class/backlight/radeon_bl0/brightness

What I tried: everything in this https://forum.antergos.com/topic/2815/can-t-adjust-screen-brightness/5

What is propably the cause: systemctl --failed output:

UNIT                                                     LOAD   ACTIVE SUB       DESCRIPTION                                                   
    ● [email protected]:acpi_video0.service loaded failed failed Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:acpi_video0

I know that I can set my keyboard brightness control to echo values, but I would really like this error to dissapear and to control it through xbacklight and DE slider.

One interesting fact: lightdm’s night mode does work precise even with DE button.
    Another: Sound hardware buttons work, they even show an icon popup with slider.
    Another: External monitor modes hardware button works pretty good.
    Another: I had Ubuntu for some months and brigthness hard. buttons were working in Gnome and Unity.

Can someone help me set the PC to control it as it should?

Specs:
    Graphics: ATI Radeon r5 graphics (drivers installed - even some additional for games) , AMD® Mullins
    Base system: Antergos Linux 64-bit
    All packages and system are up to date
    Kernel version: 4.12.12-1-ARCH

Thanks in advance. If more details needed, please ask.

• @chazecka said

I cannot control brightness with hardware buttons

Is there an auto control brightness hardware switch. Just asking because I once faced the same issue till I noticed there was such a switch on my Dell Latitude.

• REPORT HERE!
    I just reinstalled my Antergos, with different DE and whole problem is solved.

I am not 100% sure, but maybe I didn’t choose to include Kernel app update (or something similar to this, it was a choice within installation process).
    Anyway, I did choose to install it this time. Do not know if it WAS the actual solution or just reinstallation or just switching to KDE (which I have choosen during installation process just to see if it brings change).

Anyway, I can use hotkeys, I can see graphical response.

• @anarch Although the problem is solved, the systembacklight fail message is still on, can I fix is somehow?
    EDIT: Can the error message cause the fact I am booting with external monitor connected, so he can’t restore any brightness settings for it?
    I tried booting without it, there was no error on startup black screen but after I did systemctl --failed, the error is still here… Maybe because the error persist here from previous boot with external monitor connected?

control15 brightness14 Posts 4Views 664
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.