• [SOLVED] Swap partition active but not in /etc/fstab???

Antergos does not seem to activate a swap partition through an entry in /etc/fstab. I have a swap partition, and swap is active

# free
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:       16299680     3022996    10148948      878504     3127736    12441736
    Swap:      15624188           0    15624188

Yet, to my surprise, I do not find an entry in /etc/fstab

cat /etc/fstab 
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    # <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
    #
    UUID=88be1980-ce4e-47df-ac60-dbb23fcbda7a /home ext4 defaults,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
    UUID=640D-6FFF /boot/efi vfat defaults,noatime 0 0
    UUID=b6b343f5-6c13-43a3-9c06-8c6b8502339d / ext4 defaults,noatime,data=ordered 0 1

How is Antergos handling this? How is Antergos activating swap since it is not done through /etc/fstab? I learned that swap can be handled through systemd (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/swap), but systemd-swap is not installed on my Antergos system. So it must be another way.

Reason I am asking: I want to convert my swap partition to a smaller swap file (as i am on SSD with plenty of RAM), but I would want to disable the current swap partition in a correct way before removing the partition.

• Found something. Apparently, this is handled by a systemd service, systemd-gpt-auto-generator, which probes existing partitions on GPT partioned drives, and then automatically mounts partitions, notably swap. So I guess it would be safe, in my scenario where I want to move to a (smaller) swap file, to just add the swap file to fstab and remove the swap partition. This systemd service would then automatically adapt.

• answear tooo fast before… if it is not systemd it can be zswap or zram
    But i do not know about that Antergos is using such…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

• It is systemd for sure. All is OK now with my new swap setup.

Posts 4Views 595
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.