• OB issues

Installed OB, fresh with new 17.9 iso to replace my Gnome install on my desktop, and I’m only seeing a vanilla OB install with a right click on the mouse, and no Terminal or pamac is installed, just a blank gray screen without Plank, Conky, or Antergos OB configuration. It’s been awhile since I’ve installed Antergos OB, maybe my memory fails me, but I am unable to install or tweak anything without a Terminal.

• cd /var/log/cnchi
    sudo tar -cf ~/install.log.tar *.log install_id

Will create a archive with your install logs under home directory called install.log.tar

You can give us?

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad

I’ve just recently updated antergos-openbox-setup, so maybe I screwed up.

I’ll test it asap

• @karasu i was thinking it would be good to get the logs then to debug what was wrong ;)

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad
    I have no terminal: rxvt unicode, gnome, xfce, Konsole, and xterm all appear in the menu when right clicking, but none are installed.

@karasu
    no worries. nothing mission critical. i’m done with Gnome and want to migrate all boxes to Openbox :man_dancing_tone2: .

• @triode13 said in OB issues:

I have no terminal: rxvt unicode, gnome, xfce, Konsole, and xterm all appear in the menu when right clicking, but none are installed.

That’s odd. It should be an option for lxterminal, so something is wrong with the menu. I’ll fix it.

• @triode13
    Does windowskey + t open lxterminal ?

• @karasu

Nope. I basically just have Firefox and PCMan File Manager with a vanilla OB configuration, no terminal, and without Antergos configs. The~/.config folder has no OB files, autostart/scripts and oblogout isn’t working. I also tried installing with an older 17.4 iso with the same results.

• @triode13 then i guess you’ll need to install a terminal as a temporary solution using the “tty2” i guess you already:
    Ctrl+Alt_F2 , user and password then sudo pacman -S rxvt-unicode

About pamac if i’m not mistaken @karasu told me that is not comming with OB (or with the minimum iso, i’m not sure now), so you’ll need to install it too…

The way you described the error or obenbox menu was not generated properly or some pkgs are not being installed. In that case you could try mmaker -vf OpenBox3 just to be sure (will only work if menumaker is installed too)…

Sorry if this is too obvious for you…

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @triode13

Can you check these two things?

• Do you have a skel folder in your home dir? (that would mean that I screwed up in the installing process)
    • Which version of the antergos-desktop package do you have installed?
  • Thanks. Totally forgot about tty2.

Here’s the post install output.

Called installation script with these parameters: [st-hc] [/install] [openbox] [en_US.UTF-8] [False] [us] []
    chroot: failed to run command ‘/usr/share/antergos-openbox-setup/install.sh’: No such file or directory

yes, I have a skel folder in home.

The install_id is ‘51200’

I have other logs per Joe’s post above.

• the skel folder is a skeleton of a /home folder. Wait for @karasu to confirm, but i guess all you have to do is open a terminal
    cd to /home
    cd ~
    then move the skel folder files to /home
    mv -f ./skel/* .
    WAIT for confirmation hehehe. (if you changed something already the file will be overwriten)

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto is right.

There was a bug in antergos-desktop that created skel dir in home instead of copying its contents.

Please, copy skel contents into your user’s home directory, but bear in mind that doing this will override any previous setup you might have done!

Be careful: You need to copy them INSIDE your user folder, so something like /home/triode (if triode is your user)

chroot: failed to run command ‘/usr/share/antergos-openbox-setup/install.sh’: No such file or directory

This shouldn’t happen. I’ll check it when I have the time…

https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/797

• Well that was easy. Copied the content of the skel folder to home/user and all is perfect. You amigos are tres bueno! I appreciate all your time and effort on my rodeo OB install. :man_dancing: :man_dancing: :man_dancing:

Posts 14Views 414