• Grub Issues

Hi Guys,

Just installed Antergos Gnome edition on my box. I have 4 hdd installed, the root partition is /dev/sda1 according to the install, but when the install finishes and I reboot, /dev/sda1 is now dev/sdb1 and therefore I get a grub error on boot.

I know how to fix this, I did it when the same box had Debian installed, but when I run ls (hd1,1) I get unknown filesystem error. I should point out that all drives are formatted as EXT4, and some like (hd0,1), (hd0,2) and (hd0,3) actually list their contents when I ls them, but the drive with my root partition and was set as my boot partition give the error unkown filesystem.

To add to the confusion, if I keep the Antergos minimal install CD in the drive and I select Boot from Hard Disk, it boots correctly!!!

Any help gratefully recieved.

Emyr

• as far as i know Antergos uses UUID= instead of /dev/sdX for grub…
    But if you can boot to system (Antergos) with the installer CD inserted you can figure it out by taking a look:

cat /etc/fstab

to see if you have UUIDS or /dev/sdX there

This will rewrite the grub.cfg with current settings:

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

This will reinstall grub to the MBR:
    On EFI Systems:

sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Antergos-grub

On Bios Systems:
    sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad Hey thanks for the info. That did the trick.

Cheers

Emyr

Posts 3Views 212
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.