• DELL XPS 13 - Sleep Broken (Suspend mode)

Hello Everyone,

I have a Dell XPS 13 and it appears that the laptop no longer goes into sleep (suspend) mode correctly.

Every-time I close the lid on my Dell XPS 13, to put the laptop to sleep, and then come back and open the lid…the laptop restarts itself instead of resuming. I tried invoking the command line argument also (systemctl suspend) and saw the same behavior with the computer restarting.

It was working just fine yesterday, so I’m assuming an update may have broken things. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Asif

• DELL XPS 13 << what model?

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• Hey @joekamprad,

I had a 9350, but resolved the issue. Just needed to do a full power-cycle and everything is back to normal.

Thanks man!

–Asif

• exactly ;)

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• May you check here: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-13-9350-laptop/drivers
    There is a urgent Bios update (1.4.18 Release Date: 27 Jul 2017) If not already installed…

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• I don’t see anything “linux” related in the release-notes. Unless, there are secret fixes this BIOS update incorporates as well?

Thanks,
    Asif

• As the hardware is kinda new and support onto linux will be enhance, it is better to run latest Bios, as any development will run on machines with latest Bios.

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

Posts 7Views 160