• Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra"

So after start updating my system i got error with antergos-wallpapers-extra

Continuar a instalação? [S/n] s
    :: Obtendo pacotes…
    erro: falha ao obter o arquivo “antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz” de mirrors.antergos.com : Maximum file size exceeded
    erro: falha ao obter o arquivo “antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz” de sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
    erro: falha ao obter o arquivo “antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz” de mirror.host.ag : The requested URL returned error: 404

I’m ignoring it --ignore antergos-wallpapers-extra and i’ll get back to you when i fininsh update

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• ok, after ignoring the package the update run nice.
    Then i tried again ignoring and another packg showed up antergos-wallpapers which also updated fine.
    Right after that i went to antergos repo http://build.antergos.com/repo/browse/main
    and manually downloaded antergos-wallpapers-extra and its siganture and updated fine using pacman -U option

Cheers!

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• LANG=C sudo pacman -Syu

LANG=C will give you english output…

LANG=C sudo pacman -S antergos-wallpapers-extra
    [sudo] password for killajoe: 
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3

Total Download Size:   34.18 MiB
    Total Installed Size:  34.65 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    :: Retrieving packages...
    error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.antergos.com : Maximum file size exceeded
    error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz' from sourceforge.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
    error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.host.ag : The requested URL returned error: 404
    error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz' from wynsrv.antergos.info : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
    error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.ustc.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
    error: failed retrieving file 'antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn : Maximum file size exceeded
     antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.2-3-any                                                                                    34.2 MiB   124K/s 04:42 [########################################################################################] 100%
    (1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                  [########################################################################################] 100%
    (1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                                                [########################################################################################] 100%
    (1/1) loading package files                                                                                                                     [########################################################################################] 100%
    (1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                               [########################################################################################] 100%
    (1/1) checking available disk space                                                                                                             [########################################################################################] 100%
    :: Processing package changes...
    (1/1) installing antergos-wallpapers-extra                                                                                                      [########################################################################################] 100%
    :: Running post-transaction hooks...
    (1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...

looks like some overload on the mirrors…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• @joekamprad said in Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra":

LANG=C

i’ll use it next time, i always forget such a simple option!
    I’m guessing the repos are being updated.

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• That has no high priority in your head, you understand spanish português :nerd:
    I need some years to get this tiny little command in my had… but on ArchForum mods allways blame if someone do not follow that rule :police_officer_tone3:

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• @joekamprad said in Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra":

That has no high priority in your head, you understand spanish português :nerd:
    I need some years to get this tiny little command in my had… but on ArchForum mods allways blame if someone do not follow that rule :police_officer_tone3:

hehehehe

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• @fernandomaroto said in Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra":

…Right after that i went to antergos repo … and manually downloaded antergos-wallpapers-extra and its siganture…

Just a small side note. Pacman uses signatures only when a package is being downloaded from a remote system. When a package is installed from a local computer, pacman doesn’t use the signature. It is assumed that a user verified manually downloaded package somehow.

In other words, it’s enough to download the package itself, without the corresponding signature file, and install it with pacman -U.

• @just said in Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra":

Just a small side note. Pacman uses signatures only when a package is being downloaded from a remote system. When a package is installed from a local computer, pacman doesn’t use the signature. It is assumed that a user verified manually downloaded package somehow.

thank you very much for the info.
    But here is something weird then: i already saw signatures problem using -U option, pacman refusing to install the package, in that particular situation i had to use --force option to succed the installation… Weird!

OBS: i use --foce under VM only ok, i’m not that nut! hehehe

I3wm - Mate desktop
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB

• Hi guys,

I’m in the process of updating some packages…

antergos-whatever-setup packages and antergos-wallpapers-whatever packages.

Please, if you find that any of these packages gives you a singature error, just try it again, it will work.

• @fernandomaroto said in Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra":

But here is something weird then: i already saw signatures problem using -U option…

Just two examples.

When it happens to me to build a local package using makepkg, I never generate pkg signature. Pacman has no problem to install the package.

Another example. Look into the pacman’s cache, if you haven’t cleaned it recently. There are only packages there, without signatures. Re-installing a local package without a signature from pacman’s cache is a common practice.

It’s better to stop here, to not go off-topic.

• Maximum file size exceeded

I get the same error while trying to update.
    A little bit of research brought me here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=184864

Checking the %CSIZE% is:
    The File size actually is:

So, I wouldn’t say, this is solved. The maintainer should correct the csize.

• Hi,

Updated. When version 0.3 shows up in your mirror it should work ok.

• @karasu said in Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra":

Updated. When version 0.3 shows up in your mirror it should work ok.

Thanks!

• @karasu said in Problem updating the system "antergos-wallpapers-extra":

I’m in the process of updating some packages…
    antergos-whatever-setup packages and antergos-wallpapers-whatever packages.

Since you are updating the antergos-wallpapers-whatever packages, perhaps you could take another look at the antergos-wallpapers-deepin package? Lately I noticed that antergos-wallpapers-deepin is installed to usr/share/antergos/wallpapers. However, deepin grabs it’s wallpapers from usr/share/wallpapers/deepin iinstead:disappointed:. When you have the time, could you please fix the antergos-wallpapers-deepin package?

And as always, thank you so much for your dedication and work! We all appreciate it:grinning:.

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• Do you think that if I install them in /usr/share/wallpapers/deepin/antergos will be ok? I do not want to mix them.

Oh, I have no deepin VM to test it…

• Maybe… However, deepin seems very specific in this regard, so I’m doubtful:disappointed:. You might as well give it a try though!

• I’ll test it for you when I have the time though!

• FYI, there is a problem with antergos-desktop package as well.

I tried to use the most recent antergos iso to install on qemu and it can’t install desktop environments because of it.

• md5sum and sha256 signatures don’t match with the one provided in antergos.db
    seems to affect many packages that are updated at same time.

~/Downloads » sudo pacman -Sii antergos-wallpapers-extra
    Repository      : antergos
    Name            : antergos-wallpapers-extra
    Version         : 0.3-1
    MD5 Sum         : e7f91fcee59c5d60d44f8de1d73adffa
    SHA-256 Sum     : 7202b028c991aa7b71c9c740fecac4f9c04fe3ee47025cdf44a458e8f1f67928
    Signatures      : CDBD406AA1AA7A1D

~/Downloads » md5sum antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.3-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
    797c7b3049ecffe2af9dc899ec8675e8  antergos-wallpapers-extra-0.3-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

• Thanks for reporting it. Those are the last packages we updated, something must have gone wrong. We’re looking into it.

Posts 28Views 766