• ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9

@bpoerwo said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

I don’t know which post it was, but @joekamprad mentioned that the removable disks weren’t visible in the dock. @Keegan replied it is a problem within Arch deepin. Somehow Manjaro has accomplished to make it visible in the dock

are you use usb stick with ntfs/fat? if you can for test format usb stick with ext4 and check it again or second solution run this command before plug usb:

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.deepin.daemon.DiskMount /com/deepin/daemon/DiskMount org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:"com.deepin.daemon.DiskMount" string:"DiskList"

• the reason why I l love Antergos above Manjaro, is that Antergos is more straightforward in use.

Same her! That, and it’s not bloated at all.

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.deepin.daemon.DiskMount /com/deepin/daemon/DiskMount org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:“com.deepin.daemon.DiskMount” string:“DiskList”

Thanks @joksik! Now I know where to find that😀. Until now, I had not known it could be found under dconf.

• As a thank you for all of your suggestions, help, and advice @joksik, I have just added you to my “Credits” list on my Page about Antergos Deepin here. I know that it’s kind of a lame thank you considering everything you have contributed here to my project, but it’s what I could do.

Thank you! I really appreciate your continued interest in it and your valuable suggestions. It really means a lot to me😀.

• This post is deleted!
  • @Velkerk said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

Root-Filemanager allows you to use Deepin File Manager as root.

You can also just run sudo dde-file-manager in your terminal and it will allow you to use the file manager as root : )

• or you can apply fix with “pkexec” like manjaro did

https://github.com/manjaro/desktop-settings/blob/master/community/deepin/skel/.local/share/applications/root-filemanager.desktop#L5

it`s in file:
    ~/.local/share/applications/root-filemanager.desktop

@Velkerk said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

The wireless icon doesn’t refresh fast when i share WiFi from my phone i always wait around a minute to see it on my machine. the same thing when i turn off the wifi it remains there for a while

what wifi card? maybe atheros? because under atheros wifi card first thing is enable nohwcrypt=1 “No Hardware Decryption” to have better wifi performance but if you have another wifi card you can also try this:

sudo nano  /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

and add:

[device]
    wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no

for many people it fixes deepin wifi problems

• This post is deleted!
  • @joksik said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

or you can apply fix with “pkexec” like manjaro did
    https://github.com/manjaro/desktop-settings/blob/master/community/deepin/skel/.local/share/applications/root-filemanager.desktop#L5
    it`s in file:
    ~/.local/share/applications/root-filemanager.desktop

Wow! I REALLY like that fix!!! I’m definetely adding it for the next release😀.

Thank you!

• Hello friends! Interesting. I want to try. How much is it now stable? If you install now, and in the next release there will be fixes, adding new programs, but will you help to do the same thing in an already installed distribution?

• This post is deleted!
  • @tuxnot said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

How much is it now stable? If you install now, and in the next release there will be fixes, adding new programs, but will you help to do the same thing in an already installed distribution?

Not to worry! It’s completely stable, and the changes and improvements only effect the Live ISO. No matter what release you use, you will have the same results after installation😀.

Enjoy!

• Yes, I know. Meant a few more, but thanks for the answers. Already installed.

Posts 73Views 10323
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.