• ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9

Uploading proper NVIDIA support now😀.

• Finally got the new and improved ISO uploaded!!! (the one with proper NVIDIA support ;)). It’s in the first post now.

• @Serense I’m not sure that applies to Antergos deepin, as I recall it is also based on some Mate elements to make it work more smoother. But I could be totally wrong.

• @bpoerwo said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

as I recall it is also based on some Mate elements to make it work more smoother

I believe it was in the first release, but since then, @karasu has helped me get rid of those Mate elements and work on it’s own🙂.

• this deepin include:

• networkmanager-openvpn
    • dconf-editor
    • some calculator like gnome-calculator

?? because i use deepin long time and i always install deepin in console with antergos-minimal (i install deepin, deepin-extra and deepin-session-ui for lightdm package ) and after that when i want use VPN (import OpenVPN file in deeping network settings) i have error that i dont have “networkmanager-openvpn” to use vpn and dconf-editor is often needed to change something in deepin and i have a lot of stuff from deepin-extra like deepin recorder, deepin movie etc. but i dont have simply calculator ;)

edit:
    and there is some preinstaled browser? for me personal i use chromium-vaapi. if your graphic card support vaapi then chromium will work very nice ;) (less cpu use and less energy)

• @joksik said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

but i dont have simply calculator

I will be adding that in the next release😀. And thank you for the reminder ;).

and there is some preinstaled browser?

There is a browser available to use in the Live session (it’s chromium) but when you actually go to install it, you have the choice of Firefox, Chromium, or nothing, just like any other normal installation of Antergos.

i have error that i dont have “networkmanager-openvpn” to use vpn

Are you saying that this should be added? I don’t quite understand😞.

dconf-editor is often needed to change something in deepin

It’s there in the ISO already😀.

• @Keegan said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

Are you saying that this should be added? I don’t quite understand

yes. you can go in deepin center/network/vpn/openvpn and check if you have error that something is missing. i dont remember what exactly there is written but i remember that i must install networkmanager-openvpn to work in deepin center openvpn

• @joksik said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

yes. you can go in deepin center/network/vpn/openvpn and check if you have error that something is missing.

Thank you very much then! I shall add that right away😀. It will be featured in my next release as well!

• if someone can check. i dont know is this is deepin issuse or something with xdg-user-dirs. in deepin start menu i have polish names but when i do shortcuts to desktop then i have on desktop english names :/

0_1504538719485_DeepinScreenshot_20170904172439.png

• This post is deleted!
  • Being a young, Chinese distro, it has not yet conquered some of the language boundaries😞. No matter what system you use their DE on ,there are always weird language glitches. @karasu and I have done what we can to at least alleviate some of them, but as you have found out @joksik, there are a few that are embedded too deep for us to get to (or even find for that matter ;)).

Thank you for mentioning it though! Hopefully this issue is resolved as Deepin matures.

• Thank you so much for this.

• @Fedorai-Zomakaja said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

Thank you so much for this.

Welcome! I’m just glad i can help others out here😀. (by the way, I love your signature😄).

• If anyone’s interested, feature requests for the next Antergos-Deepin release can be asked for and found here😀.

Enjoy!

• After installtion with some problems… i try the nvidia-fallback mode from boot and i think the nomodeset option causing some problems… X was restarting while installation…
    But may only effects me on my buggy nvidia card here…

The Mounting tool on the Dock is invisible, i do not know if this is from deepin itself?
    You can see disks when you click on it but also after installation it does not show an icon.

Only a first view…

• This post is deleted!
  • also non working change of icon set ? only try over deepin settings…

• This post is deleted!
  • Thanks, kinda what i was planning to try was choose another settings-tool ;)

• @joekamprad said in ISO Refresh: antergos-deepin 17.9:

also non working change of icon set ?

I have yet to figure out why this is happening to some people with Antergos-Deepin. So far, I cannot find anything wrong over here😞. That however, is something that I hope to have fixed soon! (in one of my upcoming ISO refreshes).

Posts 73Views 10318
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.