• Removed hard-drive and Antergos won't boot

Hello,

I remove two partions that was created for Antergos (nothing with the OS but for media), however, I removed these as I had trouble booting and one solution people said was that I should remove the “third hard-drive” I used (which was just a partioned larger hard-drive, on part windows, another part extra storage for Linux stuff).

Now when I try to start it seems it can find these, and therefore won’t boot. It just keeps me at a screen where it says something failed, press CTRL+D to continue, but the only thing that happens is that it goes back to the same screen again.

Can I somehow refresh from this “terminal-ish” screen and boot my Antergos installation? Or do I need to re-install all of Antergos for it to work again?

• How I do create a third hard-drive for Linux, because I have one /home and one / (which I think is the OS?), but how do I add a third one, because I can’t have two “/home” drives I assume?

Thanks,
    Tobias Johansson

• No reinstall here, you need to change /etc/fstab to fit with it…
    But you will need to startup to a livesystem (Installer-ISO) to change the file.

make shure to unhash (#) or remove the lines wich was holding the erased partitions here, best would be to give us the output of /etc/fstab (copy paste from livesystem (filebrowser) but go to your systems disk!) and fdisk -l inside a terminal…

to get your uuids showup use this command:

lsblk -f or ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/

To get more Disks or partitions mounted for your user you can use bind option inside fstab like this:

#binding sda1 (data) to home

UUID=long-uiid-of-the-device	/mnt/data     ext4    defaults        0 5
    /mnt/data	/home/username/data	auto	bind	0 0

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad Thanks! :) Gonna give it a go a bit later when I get home.

And sorry for still not posting the hard-drive report from earlier (on my other post where I had issues with my SSD). I’ve been on vacation until today, so haven’t had a chance to test the new commands. Will do that.

• @joekamprad Btw, how do I use the installer USB to access my installed Antergos? I seem to only boot into the installer one.

• You can simple open filebrowser and mount the partitions from your installed Antergos.

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @TobiasDev
    Boot to the installer USB.
    Click Files icon on the left.
    In Files, click Other Locations.
    Click the installed volume (something like /dev/sdXY, maybe /dev/sda1).
    Doubleclick etc.
    Find fstab and doubleclick it.
    Copy the contents here, you may skip lines starting with the ‘#’ character.

By the way, now you may also right-click the etc folder and then
    select ‘Open in Terminal’. In the Terminal, you may give any available command, if needed.
    And please note that the Terminal is in your installed system, so be careful! For example, command

pwd

will show your current directory. It is not /etc, but more like /run/media/antergos/some-long-uuid/etc.

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwd ;)

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Hello,

First of all. Sorry for the late reply. My Motherboard died (no fault on Antergos, just age). So I need to buy new stuff before I can fix anything. Sorry.

But I really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
    Tobias

• Thats bad!
    But also nice have to get something new!

Hope to have you back soon!

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

removed2 hard-drive1 boot175 Posts 9Views 276