• Sound coming out of earphones, not speakers?

Hi!

This is my first time experimenting with Antergos, I used to use Ubuntu before.

I have a strange bug. Usually speakers work well and issues happen with earphones but now it’s the opposite. I have no sound in speakers but when I plug my earphones in, they work fine.

Stranger than that, the only audio output on my system is for the headphones. (I took a screenshot but I don’t have enough privilege to upload it so you’ll have to take my word for it).

I haven’t found an answer yet (as it’s usually the opposite that happens).

What can I do?

I also noticed that, in Volume Control the Speakers are listed as “Speakers (Unavailable)”.

The system was installed this morning and uses pulseaudio (I haven’t installed anything else).

Thanks!

• @dlalonde
    First check that no output channels for your sound card are muted with alsamixer. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture

$ alsamixer

• @triode13 said in Sound coming out of earphones, not speakers?:

@dlalonde
    First check that no output channels for your sound card are muted with alsamixer. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture

$ alsamixer

There were some that were muted but I unmuted and rebooted and it’s still not working. I also tried to change default soundcard using asoundconf-gtk (there’s an HDMI one on my system as well) but that didn’t work either.

• @dlalonde open alsamixer from terminal and unmute speaker channel will help, after this you can type:

sudo alsactl store

to save this settings.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• @joekamprad said in Sound coming out of earphones, not speakers?:

@dlalonde open alsamixer from terminal and unmute speaker channel will help, after this you can type:

sudo alsactl store

to save this settings.

Thank worked! Thanks a lot! :)

• I had exactly the same problem, it seems the channels twisted, at least somewhere in the automatic presets.
    I have this for month… and try a lot of things with pulseaudio till i go back to what i would have tried in times prior pulseaudio ;)

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3-wm#gnome-shell

• @joekamprad said in Sound coming out of earphones, not speakers?:

I had exactly the same problem, it seems the channels twisted, at least somewhere in the automatic presets.
    I have this for month… and try a lot of things with pulseaudio till i go back to what i would have tried in times prior pulseaudio ;)

Ha ha! It’s a bit confusing that some channels would be muted by default. Thanks for sharing your solutions! :D

Posts 7Views 140