• Question about Warning with Pepper-Flash when Updating

I receive a warning message when using the graphical updater. It throws a warning about the local pepper-flash being newer than the extra. I’m unable to solve this with my Google-foo.
    Is this a warning I need to attend to and if so can someone give hints as to how to correct it?
    0_1503503279741_Screenshot_20170813_204559.png

• @Orlet said in Question about Warning with Pepper-Flash when Updating:

I’m unable to solve this with my Google-foo.

Why use Google if the forum explains it? Read here. Or here.

• @just Thanks for the quick reply. I try to solve a problem myself…normally using Google-for some reason (I should correct) I fail to check the forum for answers as well.
    I appreciate your help!

I try to solve a problem myself…

Right approach. Needs time and much patience, but worth to be practiced. Allows to gain experience.

• @just Yup, I spent 4 or so years with Ubuntu based Linux–learned how to handle apt in the terminal. I need to spend more time learning about pacman commands. Pacman seems to be a powerful package manager.

Pacman seems to be a powerful package manager.

You’re right. I’d say pacman is infinitely more powerful than apt-get or aptitude. I can’t understand, why use pamac or octopi when there’s pacman, and even more - its helpers.

Only zypper or dnf may probably be compared to pacman.

• @just said

I can’t understand, why use pamac or octopi when there’s pacman, and even more - its helpers.

Hehe! That s only because you re an old Arch Linux dog and as the sayimg has it, you can t teach an old dog new tricks, But most of the Arch-based distros users come from some ubuntu or ubuntu based distro, so it s only natural that they are looking for a GUI updater.
    Personally I have kept half of their use (I m referring to pamac & the XG something that Antergos used when I first joinhed). That s the use of it as an app finder and instantly check out various info about it . I , then, fire pacman for the rest.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch Well, yes I’m a non tech end user so Ubuntu was my first Linux and a soft landing. After a while I learned how to manage packages from the terminal. I also taught myself how to manage GPG from the terminal. After getting my feet wet with Antergos, now its time to learn pacman I guess.
    After 10 months here, I’m certain most forums users don’t understand how awesome the Antergos community is at soft landing folks into Arch based distro.

• @Orlet , that s good! Check this out, then. You ll find it very useful
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

soft landing folks

Offtopic but a good one ;)

Antergos: for soft landing folks

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

updating20 pepper-flash3 warning4 Posts 10Views 509