• nfs resources stopped mount during start of system

After some last update (I suppose systemd) my nfs resources stopped mount automatically during start of system. I didn’t change configuration of systemd and didn’t modify my /etc/fstab file:

I have configured 11 resources to mount (all present in the same server). The entries in /etc/fstab look like below:

servername:/path/to/resource /path/in/local/disk nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nosuid

I tried also with option: “vers=4”, but without success.

When I try to mount them manually it works well. I just run following command: mount -a -t nfs and I have all resources mounted.
    I can’t find any error message in logs. There are only messages about registering nfs service.
    Seems that “.mount” files are generated properly and are placed in this location: /run/systemd/generator. Every looks similar to below:

# Automatically generated by systemd-fstab-generator

[Unit]
    SourcePath=/etc/fstab
    Documentation=man:fstab(5) man:systemd-fstab-generator(8)

[Mount]
    Where=/path/in/local/disk
    What=servername:/path/to/resource
    Type=nfs
    Options=rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nosuid

I also tried to use automount suggested here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NFS, so I used following options: "noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10,timeo=14,x-systemd.idle-timeout=1min 0 0"
    In result I got not all mounted resources. I mean only 8 mounted from 11. I think this method is
    not reliable / doesn’t work well. Or something is not well configured.

[UPDATE]
    Seems that command from generated “.mount” file is performed. I checked status this unit running following command:
    `sudo systemctl status path-in-local-disk.mount.mount

And I received following message:

● path-in-local-disk.mount - /path/in/local/disk
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/fstab; generated; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2017-08-22 01:00:56 CEST; 2min 41s ago
        Where: /path/in/local/disk
         What: servername:/path/to/resource
         Docs: man:fstab(5)
               man:systemd-fstab-generator(8)
      Process: 509 ExecMount=/usr/bin/mount servername:/path/to/resource /path/in/local/disk -t nfs -o rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nosuid (code=exited, status=32)

sie 22 01:00:56 SkyLake-i7 systemd[1]: Mounting /path/in/local/disk...
    sie 22 01:00:56 SkyLake-i7 systemd[1]: path-in-local-disk.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=32
    sie 22 01:00:56 SkyLake-i7 systemd[1]: Failed to mount /path/in/local/disk.
    sie 22 01:00:56 SkyLake-i7 systemd[1]: home-piotra-Wideo-filmy.mount: Unit entered failed state.

In manual (man mount) I found that status = 32 means: “32 mount failure”.
    Interesting is that manually mounting returns success (code zero):

$ mount servername:/path/to/resource /path/in/local/disk -t nfs -o rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nosuid
    $ echo $?

System parameters:

• systemd version: 234.11-8,
    • kernel version: 4.12.8-2-ARCH,
    • nfs-utils version: 2.1.1-4

System starts from SSD drive.
    I connect with network by wire.

• I having the exact same issue since the last update. whatever what I doing on my fstab didn’t work neither trying using the version 4 like you did.

• I found some workaround or solution.

One of my resource I tried to mount using the systemd automount service, so I used following options in /etc/fstab:
    noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10,timeo=14,x-systemd.idle-timeout=1min 0 0
    all others looks like:
    servername:/path/to/resourceN /path/in/local/diskN nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nosuid

Unfortunately without success, so I tried to change the options for not mounting (even by automount) resource to “timeo=14,rw,intr”, so my entry now looks like:
    servername:/path/to/resource1 /path/in/local/disk1 nfs timeo=14,rw,intr

And guess what? Magically all resources started mount. I’m not sure why before all worked with the same options and now I needed to change one of them. Additionally I can’t remember if I something changed for resource which I wasn’t able mount (from /etc/fstab)

Anyway I encourage to tries with different options for one or more entries in /etc/fstab

• Reinstall ZFS

sudo pacman -S zfs

Reboot, its back.

There is something fishy with Antergos ZFS thees days…

I make things work…
    My humble wiki: https://anotherlinux.com/

Posts 4Views 192