• Monodevelop crashes when loading projects

Like the title suggests, everytime I create a new project (or load an existing one) Monodevelop simply crashes. At first I thought it was something to do with GT2 Form projects so I tested creating a Console app but it did the same thing; the program gets to where the project is created but then it just closes on its own.
    I installed it from the GUI manager (pamac?) and used the version that’s in the repositories since I didn’t want to wait too long for it to be compiled if I got the AUR stable release.
    This is a big deal since I program in C# in university and even though I can program in every language that I want (like c++ in qtcreator, which BTW works flawlessly), group projects are mostly done in C# since everyone pretty much just codes in that language. Anyway, I’ve been using Linux for the past 8 months without issues on Mono (Kubuntu) but after switching to Antergos/Arch about a Month ago I hadn’t tried to install it because vacations and I sort of need it so if you guys have any idea what’s happening, I’d really appreciate it if you could help me out.

TL;DR
    I need Monodevelop to work but it keeps crashing after creating or opening a new project and I need it for school projects.

• @ChryslerMike I get the same problem. I installed Monodevelop to work in F#. But like yourself when I create a new solution it just crashes.

• @ChryslerMike I managed to get MonoDevelop to stop crashing with this command:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgit2.so /usr/lib/libgit2-e8b8948.so

As detailed here:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/52939

Good luck!

• @yves-cloutier Thanks! It worked flawlessly although a little bit too late that fixed it. Too bad I had to go with Qt for the project but I guess it’s fine since it’ll teach me more c++

• Sorry to pull from the dead, but in case someone still encounters it:
    Had the same issue, after googling for quite a bit I found that I should turn off version control globally (Edit --> Pref --> Version Control --> General).

Also, Jetbrain has Rider, a .net IDE which is really great for professional development (and hobbyist alike).

crashes29 loading25 projects3 monodevelop2 Posts 5Views 1414
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.