• Pamac GUI "Unable to lock database"

Hey guys. Just curious, but every time I load the pacman gui front end for updates, I get a popup saying “Unable to lock database”

I read up on it and people say to delete the /var/lib/pacman/db.lck file, but I don’t have one of those files

Have any of you guys seen this before?

Ubuntu ~ Debian ~ Fedora ~ Antergos
    Dell XPS 15 9530

• My VM install is doing that. I have to hit apply a second time and it goes through.

• same here since yesterday or the day before yesterday…
    updating with pacman works …
    https://ptpb.pw/GjIb

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Hit apply again as said before. Wait for pamac to reload and hit apply again. You ll get a message "another update manager is in use, wait for it to finish. Wait a few seconds and the update/upgrade process will start. Done!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Still, we are facing a bug with pamac here. Probably can be solved only with a next version of pamac. If it irritates you too much, then you temporarily may want to switch to the command line and do your daily “sudo pacman -Syu”

• I read in another forum that it is a known bug within this version of Pamac. There is another version on its way.

Thinkpad E570 Intel core i5 (Kaby lake)
    8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

• Same here. Registered to find about about this. Pacman -Suy works fine though.

• Again I think it’s worth pointing out that while it works on Antergos, pamac is a Manjaro project and has had other related issues (read this too) recently. Here’s the recent bug report pertaining to this thread that got closed for some reason: https://github.com/manjaro/pamac/issues/275

I’ve gotten better recommendations for a gui updater including Kalu and Octopi (both of which I believe can be found in the AUR) – Kalu is nice because it alerts you when an installed package is no longer found in a repo or the AUR. Octopi is nice because it can update AUR packages natively whereas Kalu will just alert you about them unless you specify a custom AUR action in its preferences (which there are many.)

• @d_K The Github thread got closed, because the problem was solved in Pamac 5.0.0.3. This Kouros guy/girl is using the unstable version of Manjaro and therefore tests several apps before release.
    We’re still on Pamac 5.0.0.2, so it must be very soon when 5.0.0.3 will be released.

Thinkpad E570 Intel core i5 (Kaby lake)
    8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

• @bpoerwo said in Pamac GUI "Unable to lock database":

problem was solved in Pamac 5.0.0.3

exact! ;)

pamac is the default GUI package manager for Antergos, and it is working very stable at all, is very easy to understand and handle.

And yes it is a Manjaro Project, but it is adapted to ArchLinux and Antergos.
    Antergos have there own package inside Antergos Repo, so devs can handle adaptions.

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Since today a new version of pamac is available which solve the problem. :)

• HURRAY! PRAISE THE GUI!

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

Posts 12Views 977