• Antergos Live USB can't access to internal drive

Hello ! I’m quite new to antergos, I’ve been using it for almost a year. Also I have some correct basic knowledge about linux but as you can guess i’m not a hardcore user : )

I’ve already installed antergos on 3 of my old computers without any trouble, but this time it’s different :
    I’ve just bought a new laptop, Lenovo ideapad 710s, Windows preinstalled on it. I want to get rid off Windows and install antergos.

I have disabled secure boot in BIOS and fast startup in windows. I tried to install in legacy mode and in UEFI mode but everytime I boot on my USB stick i get stuck with the cnchi installer at the drive selection step : my internal SSD doesn’t show up at all.

fdisk -l command doesn’t list my drive neither, same with sudo gparted… the only recognized drive is the USB stick I’m booting on.

Did this happened to anyone else ? Does someone has any clue about what’s happening here ? I found this thread but there is no answer provided. Any help very appreciated ! thanks :)

• (Linux Only) BIOS Update for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ideapad 710S-13ISK
    0NCN27S22016/10/27
    700-series/710s-13isk

• @joekamprad Hi !

Oops ! I guess i was too affraid at the idea of not being able to install linux on my computer and I didn’t even search on Lenovo’s website… sorry for that ahah

Thanks for your answer, it’s perfect I just updated the BIOS with the Lenovo’s tool and i’m writing from my fresh new install : )

• I got to hand it to lenovo, its impressive they did that. I spent months trying to find my perfect computer and landed on Lenovo-YOGA-710-14IKB, very happy with that!

• @siarfnopmop said in Antergos Live USB can't access to internal drive:

Oops ! I guess i was too affraid at the idea of not being able to install linux on my computer and I didn’t even search on Lenovo’s website… sorry for that ahah

Lenovo ideapad 710s ;) then is linked to this

usb101 live52 internal7 Posts 6Views 1093
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.