• \[Solved\] Is it possible to convert ext4 partition to LVM

Hi,

All my linux partitions are ext4. I have seperate partitions for / , /boot, /home and /swap. I do not know much about LVM. But after I read few articles about LVM, I am tempted to convert my partitions into LVM. Is it possible to convert ext4 to LVM? Is LVM is better or should I stay with ext4?

Thanks

• Hi,

All my linux partitions are ext4. I have seperate partitions for / , /boot, /home and /swap. I do not know much about LVM. But after I read few articles about LVM, I am tempted to convert my partitions into LVM. Is it possible to convert ext4 to LVM? Is LVM is better or should I stay with ext4?

Thanks

• I think that what you would have to do is format the unmounted partition with gparted. Unless your not concerned with data loss, you could go ahead and do that. Otherwise, you would need to back up your data to an external hard-drive. and then go ahead and do it via USB live media. There is an option for formatting with gparted using the live gparted media which you would have to download and burn to disk or place on USB.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Thanks, I dropped plan for LVM. I will try it on another PC.

Posts 4Views 1274