• PORTERGOS (Portable Antergos) - Offline/Online installer UNOFFICIAL

Yes it was fast, that amazed me too! I assumed it was an online installer, because it asked for an internet connection when I installed it. But they have more experience with building an iso, so don’t knock your own work down.
    From what I’ve seen in the apps, I haven’t seen a real eyeopener, but I still have to thoroughly play with it. I’ll keep you posted, an usb writer would be a nice addition btw.

• @Bryanpwo said in UNOFFICIAL i3 + Xfce4 + Openbox iso with Offline and Online installer!:

an usb writer would be a nice addition btw.

Imagewriter !!!

• @Bryanpwo said in UNOFFICIAL i3 + Xfce4 + Openbox iso with Offline and Online installer!:

Yes it was fast, that amazed me too! I assumed it was an online installer, because it asked for an internet connection when I installed it.

I like calamares (wish to use it here too), but i’d need to learn python, c++ and then calamares itself hehehe.

But they have more experience with building an iso, so don’t knock your own work down.

Yes, thanks

Imagewriter

If there is no other good alternative from official repos i can add imagewriter from AUR then…

• @fernandomaroto said in UNOFFICIAL i3 + Xfce4 + Openbox iso with Offline and Online installer!:

Well i guess you’re talking about archmerge right, though i think with offline install my iso would use around 8GB of HD (never checked that…),

Yes, I meant Archmerge. If it comes to your iso, I’ll have to wait for a more newbie-friendly installer. The current one asks me too many questions. ;)

Finally I installed Archmerge on the old desktop I had mentioned, but it seems to be too heavy. Also I failed installing Nvidia drivers, so given up. If I need a challenge one day, I’ll just give a try to regular Arch. For now I’ll stick to Antergos, which works perfectly out of the box.

• @piotr
    i totally understand you…

• @fernandomaroto

Why not dd as a USB writer? When the source and target disk is known, dd is quite simple to use.
    Like this bash syntax:

iso=/path/to/iso/myisofile.iso
    targetdisk=/dev/sdX          # X is the target disk letter, e.g. 'c'
    umount $targetdisk
    dd status=progress bs=4M if=$iso of=$targetdisk && sync

• @manuel
    because people usually like GUI apps (but i know what you mean). Maybe an app with “multiboot” can be a better replacement then. I never managed to make linux multiboots packages work here, and i usually created USB using rufus or YUMI under windows.

• Just to report:
    I guess i figured out the “Archmerge” method install, at least i managed to manually install using uncompressing method with squashfs directly to target partition, and this seems to be much faster than copying the files like my installer actually does. (so i’m excited about it, since will speed up the install proces time)
    BUT there are many things to adapt in my installer now, so i guess i’ll spend some time on it instead on another things.
    Please keep on reporting bugs/suggestions etc and i’ll check them when i have more time.

• @fernandomaroto said in UNOFFICIAL i3 + Xfce4 + Openbox iso with Offline and Online installer!:

i managed to manually install using uncompressing method with squashfs directly to target partition, and this seems to be much faster than copying the files like my installer actually does. (so i’m excited about it, since will speed up the install proces time)

Wow! What a break through😀. That is amazing!

• I just wanted to give you a reaction on your offline installer, but you beat me to it.
    It is indeed slower then Archmerge, but it’s not terribly slow!
    Congratulation on your breakthrough!!
    You’ve mentioned multiwriter before, it’s the one that I use and it works flawless every time.

• Hi all!
    I’ll be away for 10 days or so.
    Before i go i want to give a small report of progress/changes of the next release (from november):

• Install proces much faster; for the first option takes about 6 minutes now instead of 20 minutes as before (but right after the LTS kenel is installed which takes some more time)

• Grub better configurated after install wich has the following options:
      Arch LTS kernel
      Arch LTS kernel falback
      Arch
      Arch falback
      Arch LTS - Terminal Login
      reboot
      poweroff

• Both offline and cnchi works fine without aditional terminals opened (bug reported under i3 session)

• cnchi uses another theme 'cause some fonts got virtually invisible in the installer (it was pretty hard to install without seeing hehehe). OBS: I couldn’t change the cnchi theme under xfce4, so you’ll need to manually change and perhaps even logout relogin in order to run cnchi under xfce with visible text.

• Openbox menu now has icons. Modified from Antergos.

• gnome-multi-writer added to iso (untested)

• German translation under development. I managed to translate using an online translator and @joekamprad will test to see if there are many errors with translation or if is understandable at least…

• Compressor script is working now for both root and $USER when using nemo_action.

• Firejail removed from iso, prevented creation of new users at installed system and locked access to /etc/passwd even from root.

• User password is the same from root by default to reduce typing and speed up the install process

• Other adjusts to make install faster

• Wow! That is all truly amazing @fernandomaroto😀. I am completely blown away by all of these amazing accomplishments!

Great job and I can’t wait to see what’s next!

• @Keegan thank you very much :)

I’ll be away for 10 days or so.

I’m back now friends!

• Good to hear! It’s been quiet without you…

• UPDATED! Finally!

Hey i just released a new version of my iso and renamed it to Portergos (Portable Antergos).

I’m adding a new repo and also made some changes to iso and installer.
    Also i uploaded the iso to github instead of mediafire, i hope you can give me some feedback about download speed.

• Just downloaded at 5Mbps. XD Testing now. Looks very exciting.

alt text

• @fernandomaroto said in PORTERGOS (Portable Antergos) - Offline/Online installer UNOFFICIAL:

i hope you can give me some feedback about download speed.

0_1512140823165_portergod.png

Excellent for my connection !

• Most of the time full speed on my 100 Mbps connection! :)

Posts 153Views 17148
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.