• PORTERGOS (Portable Antergos) - Offline/Online installer UNOFFICIAL

@fernandomaroto
    Great! :)

I’ll test it as soon as possible on my EeePC, but unfortunately that will be next week due to other engagements.

• @manuel said in PORTERGOS (Portable Antergos) - Offline/Online installer UNOFFICIAL:

I’ll test it as soon as possible on my EeePC, but unfortunately that will be next week due to other engagements.

heheh
    Thanks for testing, i’ll also install in real machine, maybe next week…

• @fernandomaroto
    I’ve got a really old P4 that actually still worked when I put it in the garage a couple of years ago (I’d forgotten about it until I tripped over it the other day while looking for something else). Is that primitive enough?

• @grenouille

Well, Let’s see if Portergos gives him a new life :P

• Amazing! I’m thinking of building a 32bit ISO as well actually, but was wondering if you’ve got any tips for that :) .

Thank you in advance!

• @keegan

It’s a little tricky, specially considering we can only build using a virtual machine, at least is how i do it.

I recommend you to use Pacbang32 or Portergos32 bits in a VM. From there you can install archiso and port your own configs…

I won’t lie to you, it’s a lot of trials and errors… And takes time and effort.

• Well, it does seem to install, although I’m not quite sure how it went. My 15yo son overheard me talking to a friend about it and swiped the usb stick I’d made and my old Acer netbook while I was in the other room. First I heard of it was a cry of confusion and frustration at the sight of a text installer (which he’d never seen before). This was several hours ago and I’m still chuckling about it.

I’ll reinstall it later this weekend so I can perhaps offer something constructive, but I thought I’d share this in case someone is in need of a good laugh (I know I got one).

• @grenouille said in PORTERGOS (Portable Antergos) - Offline/Online installer UNOFFICIAL:

confusion and frustration at the sight of a text installer

Wow, that reminds me i still haven’t made a video about how to installPortergos in my youtube channel. I’m sure that will help some people…

Yeah, the installer may seem a litle complicated at first, but is much simplified considering the original version. hehehe

Antergos may be for everyone, Portergos i admit it’s not…

• From what I saw of it, it’s not so bad. Like I said, he’d never seen one before and it forced him to actually learn something – during the summer, no less! Poor kid. Hehehe.

• @grenouille

From what I saw of it, it’s not so bad. Like I said, he’d never seen one before and it forced him to actually learn something – during the summer, no less! Poor kid. Hehehe.

Hehehe, that’s all about learning stuff

I’m out of luck here… I managed to install Portergos in my old P4, but i need the driver xf86-video-savage, and can’t compile it from AUR…

The iso boots with graphical interface, but after install the system can’t load login manager nor startx :(

That’s bad, i made the 32 bits iso for this machine and i can’t get it to work fine…

But i’m lernaing some stuff at least :)

• @fernandomaroto said in PORTERGOS (Portable Antergos) - Offline/Online installer UNOFFICIAL:

@keegan

It’s a little tricky, specially considering we can only build using a virtual machine, at least is how i do it.

I recommend you to use Pacbang32 or Portergos32 bits in a VM. From there you can install archiso and port your own configs…

I won’t lie to you, it’s a lot of trials and errors… And takes time and effort.

Thank you! I would have never thought to do this in a 32bit system itself :) . Maybe I’ll use Portergos for this one!

• @keegan said in PORTERGOS (Portable Antergos) - Offline/Online installer UNOFFICIAL:

Thank you! I would have never thought to do this in a 32bit system itself . Maybe I’ll use Portergos for this one!

You’re welcome!
    Yeah, just be sure to start from a VM and that will save you a lot of trouble, and you won’t mess with a real pc untill the iso is ready.

• Is it possible for you to add KDE Plasma desktop?

Posts 153Views 18279
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.