• Cnchi Hangs At "Updating Community Database" (SOLVED)

Hello everyone. I’ve been using Arch Linux for awhile now, but I really like the look and user friendliness of Antergos. The Gnome desktop is beautiful. I’ve been trying to install Antergos for the past several days, but Cnchi gets to 30% of “Updating Community Database” and hangs there. I’ve left it alone for over an hour and it is still at the same percentage. Am I doing something wrong?

• Hello everyone. I’ve been using Arch Linux for awhile now, but I really like the look and user friendliness of Antergos. The Gnome desktop is beautiful. I’ve been trying to install Antergos for the past several days, but Cnchi gets to 30% of “Updating Community Database” and hangs there. I’ve left it alone for over an hour and it is still at the same percentage. Am I doing something wrong?

• When I open a terminal and do “sudo pacman -Sy”, the core, extra and community databases load just fine. But then it throws this error:

error: failed retrieving file ‘antergos.db’ from mirrors.antergos.com : Resolving timed out after 10471 milliseconds
    error: failed to update antergos (download library error)

Any idears?

• SOLVED!

It turns out all of the Antergos mirrors were commented out. So I did the following:

Open Terminal and type or paste:

sudo nano /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist

I’m in the USA so I scrolled down and under USA I uncommented the first mirror site.

CTRL X, and then Y to save.

Then I did:

sudo pacman -Syy

No more errors when trying to install!

• Sorry for the delay. I’m glad you got it worked out though. Welcome to Antergos

Cheers!

Posts 5Views 1943