• Cnchi Hangs At "Updating Community Database" (SOLVED)

Hello everyone. I’ve been using Arch Linux for awhile now, but I really like the look and user friendliness of Antergos. The Gnome desktop is beautiful. I’ve been trying to install Antergos for the past several days, but Cnchi gets to 30% of “Updating Community Database” and hangs there. I’ve left it alone for over an hour and it is still at the same percentage. Am I doing something wrong?

• Hello everyone. I’ve been using Arch Linux for awhile now, but I really like the look and user friendliness of Antergos. The Gnome desktop is beautiful. I’ve been trying to install Antergos for the past several days, but Cnchi gets to 30% of “Updating Community Database” and hangs there. I’ve left it alone for over an hour and it is still at the same percentage. Am I doing something wrong?

• When I open a terminal and do “sudo pacman -Sy”, the core, extra and community databases load just fine. But then it throws this error:

error: failed retrieving file ‘antergos.db’ from mirrors.antergos.com : Resolving timed out after 10471 milliseconds
    error: failed to update antergos (download library error)

Any idears?

• SOLVED!

It turns out all of the Antergos mirrors were commented out. So I did the following:

Open Terminal and type or paste:

sudo nano /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist

I’m in the USA so I scrolled down and under USA I uncommented the first mirror site.

CTRL X, and then Y to save.

Then I did:

sudo pacman -Syy

No more errors when trying to install!

• Sorry for the delay. I’m glad you got it worked out though. Welcome to Antergos

Cheers!

Posts 5Views 2629
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.