• Grub menu contains entries with the same $menuentry_id_option

I’m using 2 kernels for Antergos.
    LTS and the latest one.
    I need default to be set to LTS kernel in grub so I went and changed settings to save latest selected menu option.
    Latest kernel goes first and other boot option after it.
    After rebooting and selecting LTS kernel I rebooted againg to check that selected grub option was saved correctly but was surprised by fact that it was loaded to latest kernel instead LTS.
    So I started digging around grub.cfg and grub_env files and noticed that grub saves selected option by $menuentry_id_option from grub.cfg. When I looked for this option in each menuentry in my grub.cfg I found that all option has the same $menuentry_id_option and as they all equals grub selected first found(in my case it is latest kernel).
    I don’t want to use direct default option set in /etc/default/grub I want it to remember my last choice during boot as I might want later to use some other boot option.
    Isn’t it supposed for each menuentry to have unique $menuentry_id_option?

• @TaurohtaR
    In file /etc/default/grub, you can set two options:

GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
    GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT="true"

Then you can write a new file /boot/grub/custom.cfg:

menuentry "Antergos LTS" {
      savedefault
      linux  /boot/vmlinuz-linux-lts root=LABEL=Antergos rw quiet splash
      initrd /boot/initramfs-linux-lts.img
    }
    menuentry "Antergos" {
      savedefault
      linux  /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=LABEL=Antergos rw quiet splash
      initrd /boot/initramfs-linux.img
    }

assuming the LABEL of your Antergos partition is ‘Antergos’.
    Finally, run command

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

and reboot.

• @manuel
    Thanks.
    Didn’t know about custom configs for GRUB.
    What I did is modification of /etc/grub.d/10_antergos file and added generated title to $menuentry_id_option line.

• @TaurohtaR
    I’d recommend against modifying files in /etc/grub.d, since they may be updated by the Antergos team. On the other hand, using /boot/grub/custom.cfg is safe, as Antergos team will not change it.

grub89 menu30 contains1 entries1 Posts 4Views 274
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.