• Problem installing network drivers

[[email protected] ~]$ su
    Password: 
    [[email protected] catbox]# cd '/run/media/catbox/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Netgear-A6210-master' 
    [[email protected] Netgear-A6210-master]# make
    export DBGFLAGS

*** Building driver with debug messages ***

cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /run/media/catbox/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/Makefile
    make -C /lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/build DBGFLAGS=-DDBG SUBDIRS=/run/media/catbox/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux modules
    make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/build'
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'modules'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/build'
    make: *** [Makefile:64: debug] Error 2
    [[email protected] Netgear-A6210-master]# sudo make install
    make -C /run/media/catbox/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux -f Makefile.6 install
    make[1]: Entering directory '/run/media/catbox/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux'
    rm -rf /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
    mkdir -pv /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
    mkdir: created directory '/etc/Wireless'
    mkdir: created directory '/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA'
    cp /run/media/catbox/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Netgear-A6210-master/conf/RT2870STA.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/.
    install -d /lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
    install -m 644 -c mt7662u_sta.ko /lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
    /sbin/depmod -a 4.12.4-1-ARCH
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/run/media/catbox/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux'
    [[email protected] Netgear-A6210-master]# modprobe mt7662u_sta
    modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'mt7662u_sta': Exec format error

• I am using this ISO mentioned in the wiki article: antergos com/wiki/install/installing-antergos-with-a-newer-nvidia-gpu/
    And this Driver: github com/jurobystricky/Netgear-A6210

I removed the dots in the .com because the anti spam thing doesn’t like me. >:(

• @PokemonFan011 said in Problem installing network drivers:

I removed the dots in the .com because the anti spam thing doesn’t like me.

It is not you we like you all and also the forum ;)

It is only preventing new users from posting links, after some posts you will be able to post links without issue!

what do you mean by:

I am using this ISO mentioned in the wiki article: antergos com/wiki/install/installing-antergos-with-a-newer-nvidia-gpu/

???

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad
    http://imgur.com/uIYImsk.png

Please replace the hashtags with dots.

Anyways, that pic shows what I’m referring to. The ISO download link itself can be found here: http://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2uzMqpP-UUeXl2X25FQ1RIV1U/view

• You should use this one i made: https://sourceforge.net/projects/antergos-nvidia-iso/?source=directory
    the one from pilzbauer is not updated anymore…

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad

I’ve tried that one before on my 1050 Ti card and it didn’t work. I’ll try it again, but I don’t think it will do much.

1050 Ti

Do you have Antergos installed, or do you try this inside LiveIso Environment?

Can you provide more info about hardware? the output of this:

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in Problem installing network drivers:

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] [10de:1c82] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

And I have Antergos installed on a hard disk, yes.

Just to be clear, my network drivers installed on the Live ISO. But cannot install on my main instalation. And that other Nvidia ISO (your Sourceforge one) doesn’t even let me boot to the desktop when I try to use it. But if I need to reinstall with that ISO, I would, but I would like to know how.

• I have also tried the Minimal ISO, but got the same errors as my first post when trying to install the driver.

Just to be clear, my network drivers installed on the Live ISO. But cannot install on my main instalation.

I do not understand what you want to do… sry!
    Your Network Card is working when you startup with LiveIso from Pilzbauer? But not on your installed system?
    The LiveIso from Pilzbauer is very old and include also an older Kernel… you can check this with uname -a
    When you bootup from the LiveIso… If installation went fine with this iso you do not need to reinstall.

What i do not understand is here for what you need the LiveIso if your system is already installed?

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad

So here’s the issue I’m having. My Nvidia card doesn’t work well with the other ISOs, so I tried to use a custom ISO (Pilzbauer’s). That worked, so I installed my network drivers on the Live ISO using Terminal, and was able to install everything. Then when I booted into the main install and tried to install my network drivers, it would not work and I got the errors in my first post. So I must either A: Reinstall under a new ISO and hope for the best that everything works right, Or B: Try to find something that I am missing from my main install that was present in the LiveISO to install my drivers with.

It is a very perplexing situation, and I cannot find a solution. However I will note, that dkms was not installed in my main installation, but on the LiveISO it was installed. Is there anyway I can install DKMS during installation?

• That you can install the driver with Pilzbauer Iso is caused by the kernel Version of this ISO caus of this i asked for

uname -a

should show you Linux 4.8.2-1-ARCH or something, so after installation you will boot up with latest kernel… Iso uses this one aviable on creating the iso…

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I find this one here also on ghuthub, and they say should work with ArchLinux:

https://github.com/worralph/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms

git clone https://github.com/worralph/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms
    cd netgear-a6210-driver-dkms
    make
    sudo make install

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in Problem installing network drivers:

uname -a

Linux LitterBox 4.12.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jul 28 18:54:18 UTC 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

That’s what came up.

@joekamprad said in Problem installing network drivers:

https://github.com/worralph/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms

This one does not work, and I get the same kind of error as my first post. It might be a problem that I don’t have DKMS installed. Is there anyway I can install it offline from a zip file or something?

• shure:

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/dkms/download/
    and then:

sudo pacman -U dkms-2.4.0-2-any.pkg.tar.xz

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad

Thanks! I’m gonna try installing this and also try to use that New Nvidia ISO you announced a few minutes ago. Maybe I can just reinstall with this newer version of Antergos and it will work.

I’ll keep ya updated!

Linux LitterBox 4.12.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jul 28 18:54:18 UTC 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This is onto your installed system i want this from the Pilzbauer Iso bootup ;)

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad

Well I already wiped the Pilzbauer one in exchange for this one that you posted:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/7617/nvidia-enabled-installer-aviable-now-not-for-optimus/2

And specifically, the one on this link:
    http://kamprad.net/Downloads/

And luckily, the live ISO boots! However, I tried to install the drivers for my adapter on there and the same kind of errors kept popping up:

[[email protected] ~]$ cd '/run/media/antergos/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master' 
    [[email protected] netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master]$ make
    export DBGFLAGS

*** Building driver with debug messages ***

cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /run/media/antergos/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master/os/linux/Makefile
    make -C /lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/build DBGFLAGS=-DDBG SUBDIRS=/run/media/antergos/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master/os/linux modules
    make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/build'
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'modules'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/build'
    make: *** [Makefile:64: debug] Error 2
    [[email protected] netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master]$ sudo make install
    make -C /run/media/antergos/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master/os/linux -f Makefile.6 install
    make[1]: Entering directory '/run/media/antergos/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master/os/linux'
    rm -rf /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
    mkdir -pv /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
    mkdir: created directory '/etc/Wireless'
    mkdir: created directory '/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA'
    cp /run/media/antergos/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master/conf/RT2870STA.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/.
    install -d /lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
    install -m 644 -c mt7662u_sta.ko /lib/modules/4.12.4-1-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
    install: cannot stat 'mt7662u_sta.ko': No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [Makefile.6:725: install] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/run/media/antergos/F65CD5205CD4DD05/Users/Joshua/Desktop/netgear-a6210-driver-dkms-master/os/linux'
    make: *** [Makefile:76: install] Error 2

I’m confused. ;-;

• make fails so there is something wrong inside makefile …and so you can not install (caus make fails)
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target ‘modules’. Stop.
    This is may caused by Kernel version (my Iso has current 4.12) Pilzbauer has 4.8…

As you say you can build and install on Pilzbauer ISO…

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad
    Then what do I do? ;w;

Posts 21Views 692