• \[SOLVED\] printing, need help

I have a HP PSC 1510 inkjet 3 in 1. Installed hplip and some cups libraries (maybe not needed). manage printing does not work (website refuses connection). Adding it with hp-setup from terminal finds the printer, need to manually select the PPD but it the just returns to the terminal… With a red error that it couldn’t find the correct PPD file.

If I need to disable the FW then please give me the command for that too…:-p

Antergos: funny name, serious distro

• I have a HP PSC 1510 inkjet 3 in 1. Installed hplip and some cups libraries (maybe not needed). manage printing does not work (website refuses connection). Adding it with hp-setup from terminal finds the printer, need to manually select the PPD but it the just returns to the terminal… With a red error that it couldn’t find the correct PPD file.

If I need to disable the FW then please give me the command for that too…:-p

• The webinterface should run correclty.

Make sure you have the cups service enabled and started and that you don’t have any rules in your firewall to port 631

• @“faidoc”:1rxdseba said:

The webinterface should run correclty.

Make sure you have the cups service enabled and started and that you don’t have any rules in your firewall to port 631[/quote:1rxdseba]

It is a out of the box install so I would imagine that it doesn’t contain such a rule. But that said, as I have written in the previous post if needed then please hint me towards the (iptables?) gui interface and also

• The I imagine that the problem is cups not being started.

Just run

sudo systemctl enable cups  
    sudo systemctl start cups

And try again

• Installing cups and hplip and the faidoc help did the trick, thanks!

Posts 6Views 1442